Scouts

Y/N Pov

"Salute!" Our new scout regiment section commander yelled to us, as we all stood in front of the stables.

"I'm section commander Ness. And this is my horse, Charrette. Charrette likes to pull hair, so watch out if you won't wanna go bald."

"Like a certain someone." I said quietly, causing a few of the others to snicker as I looked towards Connie, who knew exactly what I was talking about, even through his thick skull.

"It's nice to meet you-" Ness was speaking until his horse grabbed his bandanna.

"You idiot! Stop that, Charrette!" He yelled as we stood there awkwardly, still saluting. 

"Someone do something! Hey!" Ness yelled again as we stood there, not moving a muscle.

-----

The next few days were focused on our training. Less on actual combat, but more on strategy that the scouts use. Such as different formations. Mainly on the long rang scouting formation made by commander Erwin. It was boring as fuck to sit there for hours on end learning about the same formation for the hundredth time. But, it was important stuff, so I can't say it was useless. 

"You rookies will be here, between the wagon defense squad and the scout support squad. Here, you will run alongside spare horses and relay signals." Ness finally explained where we would be stationed, after about five classes about this specific formation. If only they told us where Eren was. It would be easier to capture him and flee that way, but it doesn't matter. Annie has enough skill to be able to get to him anyway. I trust her. After about another grueling hour of lessons, mainly about how the center rank was the most important and to protect them along with the supply wagons, it finally finished as we set out on horses to the scout base, to get our clothes and shit. After a decently long ride, we arrived by sunset. Walking with Ness to get our uniforms. We walked through the courtyard of the old castle the scouts were using. Good to know where it is. Maybe we could attack it- I shouldn't always think about the mission. I need to focus now and make sure I don't slip up. 

"Hey Mikasa! Armin! Y/N!" Eren's loudass voice rang behind us as we turned around. Why does he want to talk to me. It's so annoying.  

"Eren!"

"It feels like it's been forever!" Eren said excitedly, his green cloak draped over his shoulders.

"Eren... have they mistreated you in any way?! Like studying and examining every bit of you or putting you through mental anguish?!" Mikasa was babying Eren like always as the others also stopped to talk to him.

"N-No, not at all."

"That pipsqueak went way too far. Someday I will make him pay." Pipsqueak? I should use that. 

"Are you talking about captain Levi?"

"Hey, Eren!"

"Long time no see." The others greeted him as we formed our group.

"Oh! You're all here?!" Eren was surprised seeing all of us. He probably expected us to go to different regiments, like those two shitheads should have.

"But... If you're here... does that mean you joined the scouts?"

"Why else would we be here dumbass? This is the scout base." I said as Eren realized. Dumb. Ass. Again.