Graduation

Y/N Pov

"Give your hearts!" An instructor yelled across the cadets who made it to graduation. Two hundred eighteen in total.

"You have three options after you graduate from the cadets today! The Garrison Regiment, which reinforces the walls and protects each city! The Scout Regiment, which risks life and limb to venture into titan territory outside the walls! And the Military Police Regiment, which serves under the king by policing the people and preserving order! Of course, the only ones allowed to join the Military Police are the top ten cadets! These top ten are going to be named now! Please step forward after you are called!" The instructor yelled as everyone had high hopes. Well, everyone knew who got first. But the other spots were up for debate.

"Number ten: Sasha Braus!

Number nine: Connie Springer!

Number eight: Marco Bott!

Number seven: Jean Kirstein! 

Number six: Eren Yeager!

Number five: Annie Leonhardt!

Number four: Bertholdt Hoover!

Number three: Reiner Braun!

Number two: Y/N L/N!

Number one: Mikasa Ackerman!" The instructor finished as we all walked up.

"Hah! I beat you! Suck my di-" I was whispering to Reiner until the instructor gave me a look. I don't know why I became like this, always joking around. Maybe a coping mechanism? Because I'm... going to have to... I don't know. It was fun though. To act like this. We all saluted as we faced the rest of the cadets. We've finally made it. Now, maybe we can finally act more on our mission. 

-----

After graduation, we had a graduation party, where there was food and drinks. Everyone celebrated and talked except for the four of us warriors. We had to have a meeting. We went to a corner table where no one would hear us. I hope. Annie and Bertholdt had blank expressions while Reiner had a gigantic grin on his face. What had gotten into him? He took a gigantic gulp from his drink as we sat down. We had had multiple meetings before this, but this was in my opinion, more important.

"Guys, who's going Military Police? We need at least one person in the MP, one in the garrison, and one in the scouts." I said as Bertholdt tilted his head.

"Why one person in each?"

"We need someone in the MP to gather as much information about the founder. Then, someone in the garrison to also see how much information they can get. That person can also help sabotage the defenses on the walls to make it easier. Then, one person in the scouts, to sabotage them as much as possible. We all know the scouts are the strongest forces on the island, if we can wipe them out in one fell swoop, then we'll be able to return... home." I explained my plan as the others nodded, except for Reiner.

"Yeah! I'm gonna go MP! Live a comfortable life in the interior, with good food and maybe even ladie-" 

"Reiner, snap out of it." I said simply. This had already happened multiple times. He's acting like he's cadet that just graduated, not a warrior of Marley.

"What?" Reiner asked as his eyes widened, but before he said anything he was called over by someone.

"Anyway, I gotta go. Bye." Reiner said simply as he stood up and left.

"What has gotten into Reiner?" I asked as Annie shrugged.

"Either, he's going insane or he's really trying to act." Annie said as I nodded.