Training

Y/N Pov

After I was accepted into the warrior unit, I had to go through a ton of training. Along with the warrior candidates, who were training to become the next warrior unit. 

"L/N transform in three, two, one-" Magath said through a megaphone as I slit my hand, transforming when he landed on one. The lightning bolt struck my location as I formed my titan again. I can only transform once a day for now. 

"Okay, now form your axe." Magath said again as I formed my axe in my hand, placing it on my shoulder. There was another team that brought a big block of concrete and put it near me.

"Strike it when you're ready, L/N." Magath said to me as I nodded. They really just want me to hit a big concrete block? Well, I guess they've never had a war hammer before so it makes sense to test my strength. I lifted the axe above my head, preparing to strike. I felt this surge of strength go through my body as I swung down using all my force and momentum. I struck the block, breaking it in half perfectly as both sides fell aside. My axe chipped a bit from the strike, but other than that it had no damage. 

"Bring in the armored titan now." Magath said as some people with him nodded. Shortly after, another lightning bolt hit a little away from me as Mr. Armis transformed. His armored titan stood tall at thirteen meters tall as he faced me. 

"We will be testing your striking power against the armored now L/N. Start with a simple side ways strike." Magath said to me as I nodded. Mr. Armis walked towards me as he raised him arm to block my strike. I brought up my axe to the side and swung, but it didn't even chip off a part of his armor and just bounced off. 

"Okay, upward strike." Magath said again. They're doing multiple tests in different areas. Makes sense. I brought my axe to the ground as I swung up into the armored's arm again as the same thing happened. They then made me do a strike on the other hand side, doing the same thing but when they told me to do a downward strike, like how I hit the concrete block, it felt different. I brought my axe above my head as I felt this surge go through me again. I used all my force and momentum again, and struck the armored's arm, cutting it clean off and my axe going straight through the armored's head, cutting it in half. My axe got stuck in the ground as I looked in shock at the damage I did. It didn't do anything before. Why is it doing so much damage now? I turned back to the commander as everyone there was as shocked as me. Mr. Armis came out of his titan as some soldiers helped him, Magath called out to me again.

"How did you do that L/N?" He asked me as I shrugged in my titan. 

"Try another downward strike." Magath said to me as I nodded. I turned to the evaporating armored titan as I brought my axe upward over my head, aiming for the neck of the armored titan, the most armored spot. I felt the same surge as I did the same thing as before, bringing my axe downward, slicing the titan's head off clean. So it's with a downward strike. Like an executioner. 

"Well done L/N. Go take a break and we'll get to more training outside of your titan." Magath said to me again as I got out of my titan. I saluted Magath and the officers with him as they all saluted back before I walked off. Most of the training I had to do consisted of these tests with my titan, because Marley never got to use the war hammer in battle. The inheritors of the titans trained mainly in physical, and titan science and strategy for the titan they would inherit. 

-----

All the warriors were in the mess hall having dinner, as I was instructed to sit with the inheritors, not the current warriors because I am still going through training. I sat down with my tray of food as I slowly ate, listening to the others conversation.