Island Of Devils

Y/N Pov

We've finally arrived. The island of devils. Paradis Island. The boat docked at the port as there was a concrete wall, separating the island from the sea. There was a set of stairs to the top of the wall, and a Marleyan officer was already standing there. Once we climbed the wall, the officer turned towards us

"You five. The warriors of Marley eh? Well I don't give two shits, you're still Eldians but, you could help us regain the founding titan. In that direction, is the walls of Paradis Island. Use your titans or whatever to travel there. But be wary, that land is filled to the brim with pure titans. If any of you lose a titan shifter, your whole family will be gutted, you hear me?" The officer spoke quickly and clearly as we all saluted.

"Yes sir!"

"Now get going scum bags." He said as he started descending the stairs immediately. 

"Pieck would have been good for this mission." I said as we all looked into the desert, filled with footprints. 

"Yeah, but she has barely any use on the battlefield. And we don't know what these devils can do." Marcel said as he pulled out a knife.

"I'll transform first. I have the fastest titan, and we can get the farthest using it." Marcel said, jumping from the wall and transforming into his jaw titan. We all got on as he started running through the barren wasteland. There was a deafening silence between us all as the tension only grew with time. None of us knew what these devils could do, and how they acted. They could kill us at first sight. We don't know anything. But... we are the warriors of Marley. We will take the founder, and kill all these devils. I promise dad, I'll fulfill my promise.

-----

It had been about two days of us travelling. Hiding around in the day, and moving at night. Mainly Marcel and Annie switched between running towards the walls because they were the fastest. We've had to make camp two times so far, and this time was no different. We set up a fire and ate our little bits of rations as we all sat around the fire for warmth.

"It's tough to cover much ground, moving at night." Marcel said trying to make some small talk.

"Yeah, especially since it's this cloudy." Reiner added onto Marcel.

"Are we sure the king won't use the founding titan? I don't get it. If we blatantly attack his walls then..." Bertholdt brought up the subject that was on all of our minds. What if the king used the founder to just kill us? Of convert us to his side?

"What's the point of asking now? Just put your faith in Marley's research." Reiner answered Bertholdt.

"That's right. There's no turning back. When we reach the wall tomorrow, we'll have to..." Marcel said as we all looked down, not wanting to think about what we'd have to do, except for Reiner, who had a confused look on his face. 

"Huh? What's wrong? Don't tell me you're feeling hesitant to kill these devils! They're a threat to our entire world! But the greatest nation in the world chose us to save it! To punish these devils for their crimes!" Reiner yelled as he stood up. This dumbass really believes all the lies Marley tells. 

"I'm sorry. Listen Reiner, the truth of it is... you were never supposed to be chosen. I influenced the army, and Mr. Nelson's decision by making my little brother look bad, and putting you upon a pedestal. Sorry. I only did it so that he would... be safe. I'm sorry, Reiner!" Marcel said out of the blue as we all looked at him confused. The sun started to rise as there was an uncomfortable silence until the ground under Reiner started to shake, shaking everything in the camp.