Chapter 1- évasion

I didn't feel very good. Motion sickness? Nah, not quite, maybe it's just psychological. I didn't know. I was aware of something sharp pricking me in the back. I finally opened my eyes to face silver wiring. Confused, I glanced around, spotting the metal netting all over the place, forming a cube around me. A cage. Why am I in a cage? I tried to rack my brain for answers when a door opened, and a moment later a huge face peered from the other side of the wiring. Startled, I crab walked back a few steps until my back hit the edge of my "freedom". I think it was the Dr., Dr. Meller? (ooh, he's The Doctor! Does he have a TARDIS? XD)

     "How do you feel?" He asked softly. I blinked, not answering. Was he asking me? He stared intently at me, which made me realize that he was, in fact, asking me. I still chose to not answer. "Can you talk?" He questioned. This time I credited him with the slightest nod. He finally pulled back, leaving me alone. I let out a shaky sigh, wiping the top of my forehead. I finally pulled away from the bars of my prison, observing my surroundings. There was a huge hot light-bulb hovering above me, glaring down through the wires and mocking me. At least it was keeping me warm. I rubbed down the small hairs sticking up on my arms, still feeling slightly chilly. The rest of the room besides my containment was white, iron bars for windows and royal green ivies were spread across the walls. Why did I not notice that sooner? I looked around the cage, wrinkling my nose in disgust when I discovered that they left cat food pellets for me to allegedly eat. And tap water, that was foul!

     I eventually found the cage's door, which gave me some hope. I wanted to get out of here, but I didn't know how to.... I tried pushing against the door, which failed. I tried some acrobatics and scaling to open it, all of which failed. I finally threw myself against the cage bars in frustration, when to my surprise-- and horror-- it opened, leaving me dangling over the edge. I almost screamed as I quickly pulled myself over and kicked myself away from the death fall, shaking heavily with trepidation. How am I supposed to get out of here? I couldn't, could I?

     I looked around again, this time spotting the vent behind some of the ivy. But how to get there?- Oh, I could climb the ivy! I crawled back to the main part of the cage, then slid off the flat door and landed heavily on the small table holding my former containment. I edged around the small trimming of free space around the cage until I was next to the vegetation. I took a deep breath, then did a running start and flung myself off the table. I landed in the ivy with a crack!, pain blooming in my ankle. I gasped, clinging desperately on to a vine when I heard footsteps. I ducked behind a leaf in time for the door to open, and the Dr. stepped in again. He did a double take on the open cage door, then unbuckled his radio and shouted in it, "Project Micro is Missing! Attention all units, Project Micro. I repeat, Project Micro!" He scanned his vision around the room, then sighed in disappointment. "Pity. It's like she knew she would be put down." Cold fear slammed into me, and my breathing increased. Put down!? As soon as he left, I hauled myself onto a lateral vine and inspected my foot. It wasn't broken, just dislocated. I could fix it, but I didn't have the proper skills, or the time. I took a deep shaky breath, then started climbing to the nearby vent.

     I finally managed to heave myself into the small metal area. But I needed something to help with my foot. I quietly broke off part of one of the twigs that supported the ivy and then grabbed a leaf. I crafted a makeshift cast, which would hopefully last long enough to make it out of this place. I rested for a minute to even my breathing, then picked myself up and started limping to freedom. Away from whatever this place was.