13- Project Apple

In an era in which the nations of the world were waging a fierce war of information just out of sight, two countries were at odds with each other: Ostania, in the East, Westalis, in the West. In order to keep an eye on the actions of a leading figure in Ostania's government, Westalis set Operation Strix in motion. The skilled agent, Twilight, who has been tasked with this operation, had succeeded in completing phase one: creating a pretend family, and enrolling his daughter in the prestigious Eden College. The father, a spy... the mother, an assassin... the daughter, an Esper... the neighbour, a telekinetic... the brother in law, a member of the secret police... the family friend, an informant. That mission involves the first three, but the other three managed to get involved, too. The mission where these six people hide their real identities from each other continues. And now, after successfully gaining one of the eight Stella required to become an Imperial Scholar, the mission has moved into phase two: making the necessary progress to attend the social gathering that their target, Donavan Desmond, will be attending.

--- somewhere in Berlint ---

"Alright, we're all set" a man with brown hair says as he looks at the dogs who he managed to cram into small crates that his men load into a large white van, "let's begin".

--- that morning at the Forger residence ---

Loid listens to the news on the TV as they all sit at the table, Anya not sparing a crumb of her food as she stuffs it all into her mouth. Yor comes over to the table as she lays some food down in front of Loid who looks up at her with a smile, only for Anya to accidently hurt herself with the fork whilst she eats her food.

"Are you alright?" Yor asks as she goes over to Anya.

"Hey, slow down and eat" Loid says as he looks at Anya.

"Thanks for the food!" Anya says as she jumps down from her chair, "Papa, Mama, hurry it up already!".

"What are we going to do with her?" Loid asks as he watches Anya run around.

"Well, it's no surprise she's excited" Yor says with a small giggle, "since today's the day...".

--- walking to the pet store ---

"Woof, woof, woof, woof" Anya sings as she walks down the street, holding Yor's hand.

"You're so excited, Anya" Yor says as she looks down at Anya

"Does Mister Dog eat peanuts?" Anya asks as she looks up at Loid.

"You probably shouldn't feed it too many" Loid says as she looks at Anya.

"Hmph" Anya says as she looks down.

"Let's make sure to give the doggies what they like" Yor says as she leans down to Anya.

Our outing today is actually for operation Strix. Our destination: a pet shop. This is because Anya said she wanted a dog as her reward for earning a Stella. Until she gets eight Stella and I get into that social gathering, I need to keep her motivation high, no matter what.

Loid says as he looks up at the sky.

"We're here" Loid says as the three of them arrive outside of a pet shop.

"Welcome" the owner says as Loid opens the door.

The three of them walk inside and Anya and Yor immediately pick up on how dark and gloomy it is.

"There are our dogs over here" the man says as he gestures to three large dogs sitting behind glass in the back of the store, "well, what do you think, sir? We've made sure to properly train all of our dogs".