21- The Role of a Mother and a Wife

After the tough week Yor has had with realising how scared she is for another woman to come into Loid's life and sweep him off his feet, Yor is completely drained. As she's walking back home from work, she spots the same group of ladies from her building, gossiping as they usually do. Suddenly, without taking any notice, Yor walks into a lamppost, knocking her head.

"Ouch" Yor says as she rubs her forehead.

"Oh? Good morning, Miss Forger" the taller of the two says as she spots Yor, "what's the matter? You look so blue!".

"Am I going to be tossed aside?" Yor asks quietly, "when I really think about it, it never mattered if I won that tennis match".

"What in the world?" the taller woman says as Yor walks away.

"Her husband cheated on her. I just know it" the shorter of the two whispers as she hits the woman's arm.

"Those two bags are gossiping again?" Isabelle asks from the other end of the path as she goes towards them, ready to talk to them.

Is Yor concerned about Nightfall? Not good. This would be bad for my cover, and if she just happened to mention it to her brother...

Loid says as he listens into the old ladies conversation.

--- inside Loid's brain theatre ---

"So, that's what happened" Yor says as she finishes complaining about Loid.

"That utter bastard! I'll execute him immediately!" Yuri says angrily, "I'll get the entire State Security Service on it!".

--- present day ---

I can definitely see that happening.

Loid says as he spots Isabelle, grabbing her as he pulls her into the alleyway with him.

"Let go of me, you son of a bitch!" Isabelle yells as she slaps Loid, "Loid?!".

"Nice swing" Loid says as his jaw clicks.

"I am so sorry. My fight or flight response kicked in!" Isabelle says as she looks down, "why did you grab me so suddenly?".

"Are you able to look after Anya for me tonight?" Loid asks hurriedly.

"Of course I am. But is there any reason?" Isabelle asks as the two of them walk out of the alleyway.

"I want to take Yor on a date tonight" Loid says with a smile.

"Aw, how cute!" Isabelle exclaims as the two of them walk past the two old ladies.

"Surely the man isn't cheating on his wife with the girl next door?!" the two women say as they look at each other.

"He is not!" Isabelle yells from the doorway of the apartment.

--- the next night ---

"Wah!" Anya yells as she runs around the apartment.

"Borf!".

"Anya, be careful!" Isabelle says worriedly.

"Scruffy, scruffy, scruffy!" Franky says as he holds his hands above his head, "I've got you cornered now, Bondman!".

"Curse you, King Scruff!" Anya says as she holds her toy gun out towards Franky, "Anya's gonna draw now".

"Hmm, I'll allow you to use that magical pen I invented" Franky says proudly, "oh, yeah, I even brought a frisbee for the good boy!".

"Anything for me, Franky?" Isabelle asks as she holds her hand up.

"Oh, yeah... cigs!" Franky says as he puts two packs of cigarettes into Isabelle's hand.