17- The Informant's Great Romance

"Why'd you call me out here?" Loid asks as he walks into the alleyway down the side of a pub, in the middle of Berlint.

"I fell in love with a girl" Franky says as he smokes his cigar.

"I see. Good for you" Loid says as he starts to walk away.

"Hold on! Hear me out, damn it!" Franky says as he sighs, "I want to know the key to a successful date".

"What? Successful date?" Loid questions, confused.

"Well, you're a pro at this, aren't you?" Franky says as he looks at Loid.

"The secret is hard work. Bye" Loid says as he walks away again.

"Wait, you insensitive jerk! Don't make me sell your info to the secret police!" Franky says as Loid turns around, glaring at him angrily, "no, no! I was just kidding! Hey, I know! You said you wanted me to make a new small recording device, right? I'll do that for you for free if you throw me a bone here! Okay?".

"Fine" Loid says as he and Franky make it to a café.

"Her name is Monica McBride" Franky says as he sips his coffee, "she works at a cigar club on Fifth Street. She's 25 years old and her birthday is September 20th. Her blood type is O. She is 162 centimetres tall and she weighs 46kg. She currently lives with her Mother and younger sister. Her hobby is watching moves, and her favourite movie is Ber-Ber-Berlint. Her childhood nickname is Moppea, and-".

"You're a stalker" Loid says worriedly.

"Don't judge me. You find out every last detail, too!" Franky says as he slams his fist down on the table.

"I do that for work" Loid says calmly.

"You dumbass!" Franky says annoyed, "when you're really in love, finding out everything you can about that other person is what makes you a man!".

"Well, if you've found out this much about her, I'm sure you can figure out the rest, too" Loid says as he looks at the portfolio Franky made.

"You dumbass!" Franky says, even angrier, "you intelligence people have separate departments for data gathering, assessing, and analysing data! I'm an expert at gathering!".

"Is it worth bragging out?" Loid asks as he thinks it over.

"Please! I'm serious about this!" Franky says desperately, "I don't even get cigars, but I'm smoking them everyday just so I can see her! Please show this pitiful scruff some mercy!".

"So I just need to analyse your potential date and come up with a plan, right?" Loid says as he takes the paper from Franky.

"Thank you so much, Lord Twilight!" Franky says as he starts to cry, "you're my president!".

"Just shut up and wait a second" Loid says as he rolls his eyes.

Franky watches as Loid suddenly starts to write down quickly at an incredible pace.

"There you have it" Loid says as he puts his pen down, "I created a conversation flow chart based on what kind of person she is. First, you're going to ask her a question. For example, about her favourite food, yes. From there, I wrote down her most probable answers, A, B, C, and D. Then I added the best response you can give for each choice, and then I added her possible responses- again, as A, B, C, and D- along with your next response. Just memorise this chart, go with the flow, and choose your answers appropriately, and you're sure to-".

"How am I supposed to do that, you dumbass!" Franky says as he shakes his head, "that's tens of thousands of possibilities. What the hell is 'appropriate' anyways? I need an actual idiot-proof scenario!".