Chapter 127

"I washed the bath. You can always boil it."

Hiyori comes from the bathroom and says so. When I looked at the clock, it was past 9 o'clock.

"Is it already that time? Then, let's boil it at 10 o'clock."

"Let's do that. Good luck in the battle."

"Oh, thank you."

After saying that, I looked back at my computer.

The screen shows a chess board, but this is an online match. I'm studying this in case I have to play chess in a battle with A-class.

Arisu also goes to Hashimoto's room to give a lecture to Hashimoto, whom she is currently using in a chess game.

According to Arisu, Hashimoto has also been studying with her since before the summer vacation, and he seems to be a little stronger than Masumi.

In that case, Hashimoto's ability would be equal to or slightly lower than mine.

However, in the case of chess, the control tower is very involved, so I don't know Ayanokoji's ability, but I need to make a difference against Hashimoto before Arisu goes on a business trip.

I'm currently playing an online match, and it's been a close battle since his rating is close to mine.

I currently have a slight lead, but I can't let my guard down.

While thinking about that, I moved the queen and approached the enemy camp.

Right now, I'm preparing my strategy and when the opportunity arises, I attack at once.

While we were exploring each other like that, the chance finally came.

The bishop on the other side takes the rook that I prepared as bait. It hurts that Rook was taken away, but...

"Check."

Move the knight that was left as is at the beginning. Moreover, there are no enemy pieces that can defeat the knight.

Of course the other side misses the king, but I don't aim for the king and take the enemy's bishop.

There's no need to rush as there are only pawns near the bishop who took my rook earlier. It's also a position where you can take a rook.

Then, the other side misses the rook, but we have already completed our preparations and send the bishop to the enemy's camp to take the knight.

When this happens, I think I have a chance of winning and deal with the enemy's moves one by one.

That's when I finally captured the enemy's queen with my knight, and was convinced that I had won.

The opponent stops the bishop from moving.

(S-shit... the queen is a decoy!)

With the knight retreating, the bishop moves into a position where he can capture the king.

In a panic, I miss the king, but the other side moves his knight to block my escape route.

I tries to escape further, but the pawn on the other side promotes and turns into a rook.

Needless to say, if you don't move the king, you will lose.

I move King one step back while sweating coldly, but a different rook stands right next to King.

When I saw that, I chose to concede.

You can still fight if you use rooks and bishops as shields, but it will only serve as a hindrance, and you won't be able to win if you use pieces that have cut into the enemy's territory to defend.