The Fallen Prodigy.

"Long ago, in ancient China, an old and wise elephant ruled over Juniper City, a beautiful, safe and thriving place that used to be known as "China's pride". He brought great joy, wealth and prosperity and went out of his way to fiercely protect and advocate for the most high-spirited and yet vulnerable people, both big and small. The people of Guanxi, who once coexisted peacefully among Juniper City, but were virtually forced into never seeing the sun again when the topsiders started to become too opinionated and wanted Guanxi gone.

Therefore, the old elephant decided to abolish the very idea of one city being better than the other and granted both Juniper City and Guanxi the opportunity to connect more by practicing the most respected art form in all of China; kung fu. His faith for the future was strong and so he encouraged his people, both above ground and underground, to embrace and accept the possibility of a new era taking place and that things were about to change for the better.

But his advisor, Qahira, was highly against it. She claimed that it would defy the values of their traditions and that his impulsive decisions would lead to Juniper City's downfall and  drastically change their legacy for the worse if he did not rule with a sharp mind and an iron fist. But the elephant saw irrationality, darkness and hate inside her heart and so he ignored her.

Sadly, not long after, the elephant died and it wasn't long until Qahira showed her true nature. With her holding all the power, there was only change for the worse. With her own twisted ideals, Juniper City went from a rich, safe haven to a cold, dark gutter overrun by crime, pain, suffering and isolation. And when kung fu got banned and declared illegal, all of their passion and motivation vanished too.

Years of indoctrination and brainwashing has ultimately led to Juniper City being forgotten by the outside world and was eventually seen as nothing more than a thing from the past, a myth. Guanxi suffered immensely under Qahira's reign and it gradually got destroyed completely. And later on, she became known under the name of "the Chameleon.", a shapeshifting sorceress. She vowed to become more mighty, more feared and more powerful than ever when the day comes and all of China would bow at her feet."

~

The night was pitch black and the blood moon was at its highest peak, shining down upon the elephantine fortress sitting on top of the mountain. A tiny chameleon was standing at the center, staring up at the blood moon above while holding one of the most powerful object of the universe. The Staff of Wisdom, Oogway's staff.

With a sly and excited grin, she admired the staff in her hands as she spoke.

"At last. After so many years, I finally got it. The Staff of Wisdom. A relic more powerful than any that I've ever come across in my years of sorcery." glancing up at the sky, she hummed with satisfaction.

She watched her Komodo soldiers spread around with their spears and getting into stance. She twirled the staff in her hands and cackled.

"And now that I've gained access to the Spirit Realm, I'll unleash its power and all of its secrets will finally be mine!"

Scraping the staff against the floor, the engravings on the floor tiles got rooted out and floated around in the sky. They all morphed together as they formed a massive mound until a white-gold light appeared and shone brightly onto the Chameleon and everything else around her. She stopped twirling with the staff and gazed proudly at the portal of the Spirit Realm.