Trails of the Past.

"Are we gonna stop for lunch soon?"

Despite traveling for three days straight, chaining the fox to a tree every night to prevent any more of her shenanigans or trying to escape, she still didn't quit annoying Po and the others with her whiny questions every five minutes.

Po was the only one who remained fully positive, unlike the other three. Tigress and Mantis trusted Daiyu's gut feelings as she already told them and Po a bit of her history with the fox and not say anything, knowing the fox would only take advantage of it and twist the whole situation.

Right now, they sauntered through the bamboo forest as Po wore a straw hat and a red cloak whilst the others did not, although Daiyu had brought her cane with her.

"Justice doesn't stop for lunch, but it does take the occasional timeout for snack-age. Wanna split my almond cookie?" Po asked as broke his cookie in half and ate one half of it.

The fox climbed on top of his backpack to see eye to eye and leaned over.

"You're just gonna give me half of your cookie out of the "goodness" of your heart?" The fox sneered as Po nodded while chewing.

"What's the catch? The rub? The bamboozle?" The fox quizzed as she speedily switched from his left side to his right side while eying him.

"The "bam-what-le"?" Po asked puzzled.

"You know, the fleece, the rook, the flimflam." The fox added.

"Do you want the cookie or not?" Po asked a bit firmly

Blinking, the fox swiped the cookie from Po's paw, chewing and gobbling it up while crumbs flew everywhere. With her mouth still stuffed, she pointed two fingers at her eyes and then at Po's as she said.

"I got my eye on you."

Po chuckled as she slowly slid back to sit on his backpack. She laid on it like a bed with her arms under her neck, relaxing as Po carried her.

"How much farther is it to the Chameleon?" Po asked.

"Just a little farther." The fox responded.

Tigress and Mantis turned to Daiyu for more clarification as the brushed off all of the cookie crumbles that flew around. They knew by now that she had an annoying habit of lying.

"Can you translate that by any chance?" Mantis asked, Daiyu nodded.

"It's two more days."

"Two more days?!" Mantis yelped in disbelief.

"You said it was only two days." Tigress told the fox, who was still laying on Po's backpack

"Well, we would've already gotten there if it weren't for little Miss Klepto here stealing food and money from other hitchhikers and even wrecking their campsite in the process." Daiyu snapped, specifically aimed at the fox, at which the fox huffed and turned her back to Daiyu.

"Klepto?" Po mumbled, Daiyu answered.

"Kleptomaniac."

As they exited the forest and trailed down the path by the mountain, the bamboo forest continued on from down there, yet it was dense and overgrown. It was so thick that the sunlight managed to poke its light into mere spots through the leaves, their only source of light and enough for the others to see at least something.

Automatically, the fox clung onto Po's arm as they made their way through, so she wouldn't lose Po and the others and avoid running into a tree, boulder or tripping over a vine. Eventually, they arrived at a more open spot and were able to see again. The thick forest surrounded them as two poles at the edge of a cliff indicated that there used to be a bridge.