Chapter 9: Outside These Walls.

-----------

The walk over to Clementine and AJs dorm was silent, but very tense. Violet was obviously upset and mad and Louis just wanted to get them out of here.
The group of you finally arrived to their dorm, you and Louis stood behind the door as Violet opened it. You all walked in.

"We took the vote. You have to leave." Violet told them.

"Don't we get to vote? I vote that we stay." AJ asked with a frown on his face.

"That's not how it works." Louis shook his head.

"Maybe it should be." Violet argued.

"You don't have to like it." Louis argued back.

"Good, 'cause I don't." Violet crossed her arms.

"Guys, stop it. What's done is done." You broke up the argument.

"Fine, I get it. We'll learn to live with your decision, somehow." Clementine nodded.

"Seriously, that's it?" Violet looked at Clementine, shocked. "You know this is fucking wrong, and you're not gonna fight it at all?"

"What's the point? You've already decided." Clementine said, defeated.

"Yes, we have." Louis put his hands on his hips.

"So fucking stupid." Violet muttered.

"You said you'd go along with it, if we voted fairly." Louis reminded her.

"It's bullshit, and you'd know it if you weren't so used to burying your head in the sand." Violet crossed her arms.

"Oh, I'm burying my head in the sand?" Louis argued. "Hate Marlon all you want, but you can't tell me AJ isn't dangerous, too." He points his finger at AJ.

"Louis.." You looked at Louis, who had a guilty expression on his face.

It was silent for a second. Nobody knew what to say exactly, there was too much tension.

"We'll wait outside for you to pack up all your things." You broke the silence. "Then Violet, Louis and I'll walk you out past the safe zone. We'll make sure you get to the road safe."

Louis was standing there, shaking his head with a really upset expression. 

Clementine nodded. "Thanks for making sure we--"

"No! Don't thank them!" AJ yelled. "It-it's their fault we gotta leave! They're gonna get rid of us!"

"Get him under control." Louis looked at Clementine.

"AJ, breathe." Clementine told AJ. AJ started taking deep breaths in and out.

"Where's Tenn? I gotta say goodbye." AJ frowned.

"He was really upset about the vote, and isn't talking to anyone." You cross your arms.

"It's best to leave him alone when he's like this, but..." Violet adds on. "For the record, he wanted you to stay."