🔥🥀 XXVIII 🥀🔥

This song is perfect to write to, man. Trust me, I've written about 3k words listening to this one alone, it's very nifty. 

___________________________________________

The walk back to their camp is silent, awkward. Himari is exhausted, having just come back from what's basically a vacation in her books with jutsus that truly pushed her to her limits. Still, she endures, puts up a strong front, because what if not an anchor in this turbulent world would she be to Kisame, to hopefully these other little ones as well.

Soon, they reach the familiar grounds of their temporary home, a tent and a campfire only, the very basics of what it takes to survive. It will not do for nursing someone back to health, especially someone as wounded as Yahiko, but until she finds time to build something better, what else can she do?

Shadow clones are not an option, not with her chakra supplying the healing still ongoing on the orange-haired boy.

Well, it's not really healing. Her phoenix is keeping him in a suspended state, close to death but not quite there. She will have to call him back, make clones regardless, and do surgery. Yahiko's arteries have been badly damaged, his heart is in terrible shape. A stab through the chest has left his lungs crippled.

Truly, it's impressive how much damage a singular attack can do. Dying to these wounds would be painful. Living through surgery without anaesthesia will be much worse.

She regards the children with sorrow. She doesn't want to make them do this, but there is no other way.

"You two. I want you to put up a canopy with the stuff laying over there. Kisame, please take out the seals. I need some to cleanse and one of the secret ones. You know where you can find them. When you're finished with your tasks, please look for firewood. I must warn all of you. What I will do to this boy will not look pretty, and it will be painful. If I am interrupted in any way, if anyone comes into the sphere you will hopefully prepare, he will die. Restrain yourselves."

She looks at Nagato especially, two purple eyes staring back. Everyone grasps the severity of this situation. It is a matter of life and death.

With a nod, Kisame heads towards their shared tent, retrieving the seals as requested. Konan and Nagato make quick work of the tarpaulin, building a shelter that will keep rain from falling onto their friend.

Himari takes a deep breath and takes some of her chakra away from her summon. Yahiko groans in protest. She shapes another one of herself, the clone knowing what to do without instructions. Soon, the seals are up.

Himari nearly prays to the gods she has forsaken at the fact that she took a liking towards woodworking recently. The table she has made comes out of a scroll without a hitch. This is the best she can do on such short notice. She did not expect to perform open heart surgery when she woke up today. Alone. In a forest.

Life is full of surprises, and she hasn't survived up until this point because of luck. Reassess, adapt, overcome. She pops a soldier pill into her mouth, cringing at the rotten taste. Closing her eyes, she steadies her breathing for a short moment.

Her summon disappears, leaving her with more chakra to play around with. She will need every last bit. Creating another clone, she slaps her secret seal on Yahiko. It manipulates the blood within someone's body, originally created to harm, to torture. She supposes that what the boy will go through is enough torture to last for a long time, even if performed with good intentions.

She summons a scalpel, slowly cutting open more of Yahiko's rib cage. The already existing wound does not make it any easier, and she hopes that his heart is good enough for further use. Maybe she should've taken one with her from the battlefield. Her clones hold the boy still as she searches around for the arteries that were severed.