Say Cheese

"Hey Chasen. Summer?" Amory bubbles. "Um, I brought my two friends Leah and uh Lachlan" I mumble as I rub the back of my neck. "So the theme is that Chasen likes you and you like him. But he's a vampire and he steals your heart and never returns it. Is that Okay?" Amory blabbles. "Totally." I shrug. This girl called Trish does my makeup and we take many photos. It was awesome until at the end a girl storms in. Mackenzie I think?

"What is she doing? I'm supposed to be doing it with Chasen!" She screams jealously. "Mackenzie. She's taking your place. " Amory tells her. "Whatever" she says hiding her disappointment. I feel guilty. Not just for that but for everything. Everything. Chase swoops in and carries me bridal style. "You did awesome my model-girlfriend." He chuckles and I giggle. He plops me down and we take the others home. "You did awesome Sums" Leah assures me. I thank her and we hug. It feels good. Really good.

"Drop me here Chase. I wanna run. Excercise a little, even though it's dark." I plead. "Fine just take care." He says as he leans in to kiss me. Lachlan looks jealous. I hop out of the car and I start skipping. But I feel someone's eyes watching me. At the same time Michelle sends me a text message saying she was sorry. I'm puzzled.

I wake up groggy. I make some salmon on toast and some juice. I stare at the newspaper, absentmindedly, flicking through every page, when I suddenly hit a page big and bold.
MONEY USED AGAINST THEM
A sixteen year old girl Mia has been kidnapped and held for ransom. Her father owns a worldwide business and the criminals discovered this and decided to use it against them. Mia was held to ransom and her parents had to pay $25,094,456 to get her back. Mia didn't come home clean and clear. She was battered and bruised. Mia States that she was slapped, kicked in the ribs and punched. We have not found the culprit yet but will they strike again?

I gulped and quickly ate. I called up Chase to meet me at the park. "And she just went missing" I finished the story. "Wow. You better stay close with me. You might be next." He muttered. I chuckle. "I'm serious." he reasons. "Me too." I say cutely and his lips touches mine. His grip tightens on my waist. "Chase! You really aren't afraid to show your affection publicly huh?" I ask. He shrugs and takes my hand.

He walks me home and Leah comes right into my room. "Hey you've been acting weird lately." Her eyebrow lifts up. I change the subject. "Thanks for showing me Chase" I point out. Like I wish she smiles and forgets. I might've dodged the bullet this time but how long before it slips out. These things do have a way of coming out. Leah slips in a CDS and we watch the movie, but the whole movie Leah keeps staring at me? How long will this secret last? Will she hate me forever? Fingers crossed.