Pick The Scab And Throw It Away

We walk to the end of the school and hop into his Lamborghini. "Take me home." I say. He picks me up in bridal style and places me into his car. We start to drive but I realise this isn't the way home. I start to ask him and he says to finish the job. I know what he means and I'm still calm. He knocks on the door and I stay in the car. "Hey Chase!" Lachlan says putting his arm on his shoulder.

Chase flicks it away. Lachlan's face carries a bemused look. "DON'T YOU EVER SLEEP WITH MY GIRLFRIEND EVER AGAIN." And he finished the conversation with a nice punch. "Hey. I'm done. Let's go to O's" he says as if nothing happened. He buys us drinks and sundaes and I offered to walk home. He hugged me goodbye and I start walking.

I feel like someone is watching me. It's starting to creep me out now. I check my phone and Michelle has been sending me messages. Nice sweet ones.. I shiver and open the door. A goodnight sleep will help me. Just then the door opens and I see Leah. "Hey." I say awkwardly. She doesn't pick up on my awkwardness and starts to vent. I hug my pillow. "Lachlan and I are having trouble. He said he had some family thing going on and my sister said he was at O's perving on other girls." She sighs sadly. It makes me feel guilty. What if she becomes like that forever when I tell her the incident. "Number one has this happened before? Number two has he been acting weird? Number three has he been putting off dates with lame excuses?" I say professionally.

She nods to all three. "Three strikes your relationship isn't steady. Beware of a break up" I say spookily. She gives me a weary smile and we watch comedy chick flicks until we go to sleep. I wonder how she will feel once I tell her. I scrunch up that thought and go back to sleep. I miss Leah but what happens if she gives me the cold shoulder and never talks to me again. I'm such a wormbush.

My phone vibrates. I sigh.
Hey hunny buns. Evan, Richelle, Uncle James and Aunt Lily are coming on Wednesday. Xoxo
"C'mon. Relatives are coming" I groan and Leah laughs. "Let me explain to you Leah. Evan is such a gamer. Richelle
is a bitch. She clubs all day. And.. Uncle James is an alcoholic and Aunt Lily is crazy about love." I moan. "Evan sounds cute. "Leah mumbles. I shrug. If Evan makes a move on Leah, Leah will become my cousin. And if I tell her, I'll break her heart. She'll be my family.