Chapter 2 - Not again

Kelli's POV
___________

The final bell rang. I went right to spring signups so I can sign up for their softball team. Not IS softball. Not JV softball. But varsity softball. I went to the SAC (student athletic center) to sign up. Just then, a boy walked up to me.

It was Collin. "Hey, Kelli." He said. "Hey." I said. OMG. It's him. I thought. What do I do? I just kept talking. "You signing up for spring sports this year?" I asked. He shook his head. "I'm already on two teams for lacrosse and hockey." "Well, I'm on two softball teams right now." I said. "And I am going on my third."

He looked at the paper. "Oh, varsity?" He said. "I don't see eighth graders playing varsity." "I'm going to try out." I said. "Hopefully be the #2 catcher. I know there's a senior who plays the position as well." "And who is that catcher?" He asked. "I don't think you know her." I said. "She's a senior."

"So, you're on two teams?" He asked. I nodded. "I'm on the Ravens, Lady Sting, and if I make it, the Lady Saints." I said. "I sure hope I make it." "Nice." He said. "So do you play year round?" "Yeah." I said. "In the summer, I play on the Wolfpack, in fall, it's a little similar, but we recruit players from Raynham, Bridgewater, anywhere."

I continued. "Then, in the winter, I play with my club team in a dome league." I said. "We then play in tournaments in the summer, so I'm pretty beaten up by the end of the season." "I bet." Collin said. He saw my phone laying on the table.

....

Collin's POV
____________

I saw her phone on the table. I picked it up. She started to walk out. "Hey." I said. "You almost forgot this." I held up her phone. but she didn't hear me. I looked to see that it was on. It showed a calendar. Not just any calendar. It was a lunar calendar.

A full moon was tonight. Never mind that. I ran out and got her attention. "Kelli." I yelled. She turned around. "You almost forgot your phone." I held it up. She ran over to me. "Thanks." She said as I handed her the phone. "Oh and quick question." I said. "What's with the calendar?"

She hesitated. "Well, I'm trying to put in the schedules for the Ravens and lady sting practices and games." She said quickly. She looked at her phone. The time was six thirty. I didn't know what the hell she was doing.

Then I saw the moon rise. It was full. It was a pretty sight. But Kelli was holding her head. "A- are you okay?" I spat. She shook her head. "No." She said. "Not at all. I gotta go. It was nice seeing you." "You too." I said.

However, she didn't move. "Let me help you." I said. "No." Kelli said. "I don't need help." But she looked like she did. She was on her knees. She looked at me with an I'm sorry look. I swore something changed. Her eyes changed color. It was from brown to a yellow. She scrambled for her sunglasses. They looked like the outfield shades.

I ran over. She just put up the hood of her sweater over her head. Soon, she passed out. I picked her up and carried her to the grass. Then her phone rang. I looked at the caller and the number. It said: Rachel cell. I answered it. "Hello?" I said. "This is Kelli's friend." "Jason?" She asked. "No." I said. "This is Collin." "May I talk to Kelli?" She asked. "Well, she kind of passed out."

.....

Rachel's POV
_____________

I face palmed. "How?" I asked. I pretended I didn't know a thing. "Well, once the moon rose, she went all berserk." He said. "She said for me not to help her." "What did you do?" I asked. "I carried her over to the grass." he said. "We are still at the school." "Okay." I said. "I'll call her mother."

I lied. I was going to run over there myself. "That works." I said. "bye." I hung up. I face palmed. "Why, Kelli?" I whispered. "Mom!" I called. "I'm going to take a walk. I'm going to be home in maybe an hour or two. I have to help Kelli with something."

"Okay." My mom called. "Have fun." Wow. I thought. That was easy. I walked outside. I saw the moon as it rose. "Yup." I said. "Kelli would be passed out by now." I texted Kelli's phone saying that I was on my way.

I felt myself changing. My eyes changed from a blue to red. I looked in the mirror as my reflection started to fade. I became pale as a ghost and fangs replaced my teeth. Then, my reflection vanished. I cracked my knuckles and started at a dead sprint. My vision blurred, but I knew where I was going. I was going to Kelli's school.