Chapter 20 - rebel

Katie's POV
__________

I saw Kelli as she went to lunch. "Hey." I said. "Are you okay?" "No." She said. "I need you to help me hide this necklace when game time comes because I'm not giving up the necklace to Annabelle." "Then what are you going to do?" I asked. "I'm gonna hide it in my uniform." Kelli said. "Just to make sure she thinks I put it in my bag. I'm literally pissed off at her always getting in my way and pushing me around. You know, I'm transferring after this year is over."

"You're transferring?" I demanded. "Why?" "Annabelle." She said. "That's why. I'm sick of it. Can't she just drop it?" "I'm afraid I can't." Annabelle said. "I will get my revenge. I will see you without that tuning fork necklace and I won't be as hard on you." "Bullshit." Kelli said. "You'd say that right now, but I know you'll be the total opposite the next time we meet."

"Then I'm afraid we won't meet again after the game." Annabelle said. "You will be most likely dead and I will have my revenge." "You'll never get your revenge." I said. "I can see why and it it stupid how you want revenge for something Kelli didn't know about." "She's right, I didn't know what I was doing." Kelli said. "If I would've known, then I would have just taken his powers away. That is what a singing werewolf can do." She stopped in her tracks. "That's why." I said. "Singing werewolves can strip a vampire of their powers." "Well, if I wanted to, I would've done it by now." She said. "But if i knew what I was doing I wouldn't have."

"And you ended up killing him." Annabelle said. "I was 11." Kelli screamed. "Three years ago. Three frikkin years ago. Can we just work this out?" "I'd rather you just have taken away his powers." She said. "Alright!" I said, butting into the conversation. "We're in school right now. Stop the fighting save it for after school. Now I have to go to tutorial as do you guys, lunch. Now get along for at least one second and we ask can be happy." "It's quite fast." Annabelle said. "Just shut up." I said. "Kelli, I'll see you after school for team bonding before the game. I'm watching you both."

.....

Kelli's POV
____________

I nodded and walked at a faster pace to my table. I put down my shoulder bag, and went up to purchase food. I purchased a small steak and cheese sub, powerade, and an apple. I sat down and my friends were giving me worried looks. "You've changed since World Cultures, Kelli." Jason said. "Is it what I think it is?" I nodded. "I'm pissed." I said. "The stupid necklace. She wants it and she won't stop demanding for it." "Then how about this?" Jason asked. He opened his hand and there was my necklace. "Dude." I said. "Why did you take it?" "Check your uniform." He said. I did. I felt a chain link necklace. I pulled out the tuning fork. "You're genius." I said. "A fake one. Why didn't I think of that?" "I can read minds." He said. "Even Annabelle's to a certain extent."

"You're frikkin genius." I said. "We are lucky to have a vampire in the group." Mary said. "You are, Kelli. If only Jason wouldn't leave." "Agreed." I said. "We're gonna miss you, kid. At least you're gonna stay for the game." "Well, you guys could use the help." He said. "So, what are you going to do with that spare necklace?" Mary asked.

"I have the perfect idea." I said. I looked around and saw Annabelle on the other side of the cafeteria, talking to Colleen and Emily. "Well?" Mary asked. "I'll give this to Annabelle at the end of French class." I whispered. "She won't suspect a thing. I'll just bury my necklace under the collar of my uniform and give her the fake. She won't bug us at the game." "We'll still be watching though." Jason said.

..time skip...

Current time 2:30

French class was about to end and Mrs. Hassett-Sally let us take the rest of class to chill. Annabelle then walked up to me. "The necklace?" She asked. "I still need it." I had the fake necklace around my collar and the real necklace under the collar. I unhooked the fake necklace and handed it to her. "You've one this round." I said. "However, I will try to get it back." "I'll have it safe and sound, so why bother?" She said. "Well, it's part of my lifestyle that is now in your hands now that you think about it." I said. She smiled in triumph. "I've won." She said. "For the first time in years." However, I knew she had the fake. I faked my defeat and walked out of the class and to the SAC to change into my uniform.

I sniffed the air and looked around to see if anyone was about to walk in. Then I looked in the mirror and morphed into my hybrid form. I wore my necklace with my uniform, and Annabelle still thought she won. Then I heard footsteps. I changed back and took off my necklace as Katie walked through the door. "Jeez, you scared me." I said. "Did you give her the necklace?" She asked. "She thought I did." I said. "What?" She asked. "Okay, I'm confused now."

I held up my necklace. "I gave her a fake one." I said. "She thinks she has it. She can leave me alone finally." "Kelli, you rebel." Katie said. "She'll never know. Who thought of this?" "Jason came up with the idea." I said. "It was pure genius." "Alright then, the team is changing in the bathroom." She said. "We will go to Panera for a team bonding before the game. You ready?" I nodded. "Yea, I'm ready." I said.