Chapter 25 - No more control

Collin's POV
___________

I ran to the scene. However, Annabelle ran at Kelli. I was now out of her control. I just didn't want to tell her yet. But the most incredible thing happened. Kelli grabbed her arms like it was no problem. I was in awe. Kelli didn't seem to struggle as Annabelle was trying to push her over. Then, she stepped to the side and Annabelle went flying towards me. She landed in the bush next to me. "Jeez." I said. "You okay?" "What do you think?" She said sarcastically. "Oh, and great job putting that killing venom in her. Thanks to you, she will finally know what it feels like to suffer."

I knew I didn't. I decided to fake it. "Um, yeah." I said. "You're welcome." She giggled. "You hear that?" Annabelle called. "Your life is at stake. I know Collin bit you to trigger your true wolf side, but did I mention he has the venom to kill?" Kelli went back to reality and her eyes grew wide. Her wolf ears flattened like a dog when it's scared. I thought hard at what she was thinking.

'No.' Kelli thought. 'Why would he do this?' I tried to speak to her telepathically. But I couldn't. 'Jason.' I said telepathically. 'Okay, now you try to kill my friend now?' Jason yelled in my head. 'I didn't.' I said. 'Annabelle thinks I did. I made her stronger instead. Look, I know it hasn't been the greatest time since I transferred here, but Annabelle has been getting on my nerves and this needs to come to a stop. And if she knows, then she'll kill me. Or worse, control me as her mind slave and have me kill her.'

Jason started to realize I was right. 'Rachel and I will see what we can do.' He said to me. 'Katie and her teammates are trying to find the others.' I suppressed a smile before Annabelle could turn around to me. "What are you waiting for?" She demanded. "Help me up so we can finish this and I can get my revenge." I nodded and helped her up. "Go for it." I said.

However, I saw Kelli, Jason, and Rachel talking about what happened and how her wolf side came out. They were looking at her like she did something wrong. She just backed up in the direction Annabelle was going to run. She started to run. "Kelli, NO!" I screamed as I teleported in front of Kelli. She turned around to see me as Annabelle drove a knife in my side.

Kelli screamed as I staggered to my knees. "What?" Annabelle screamed. "What did you do?" "I'm not just your helper." I said. "I'm her friend. And no, I didn't use killing venom on her. In fact, I didn't use any. The pain just makes her stronger. I've learned from her in just one game. Just one night." "You sicken me." She yelled. "To think I trusted you."

Next thing I knew, I felt my mind being played with. With her mind, she made me choke Kelli. I held my hand up and soon, Kelli started choking and being lifted in the air. "Collin." She said. "Stop." "It's not me!" I yelled. "Then..make..her..stop." She spat. I couldn't take it. I fought it as she was losing connection to me. Soon, I had the ability to let go. I managed to break the connection and it caused Kelli to hit the ground and stop choking. I then punched Annabelle, knocking her out. I then teleported her to her house where she'd be knocked out for months. Maybe a year.

I looked back and saw Kelli sitting on the ground coughing. I ran over. "Like I said, I couldn't control it." I said. "I'm-" She hugged me. "It's alright." She said. "Don't be sorry. You didn't know what you were doing. She was controlling you." She let go of me. "Are you really going to transfer after this year?" I asked. "Yea." Kelli said. "It's the best thing to do. I don't want Annabelle to know where I am. I gotta change my scent." We both laughed.

.....

Kelli's POV
__________

He helped me up and then took the knife out of his side. He regenerated as typical vampires do. "I'm gonna miss you guys after this year." I said. "Then we really need to keep in touch." Collin said. "Um, same with us." Jason said. "I know, I get it." I said. "Some I will see in school in the upcoming years. Rachel for example is one grade below me. She will be in the same school as me in two years."

I watched as everyone was around us. My teammates, classmates, friends, teachers, and coaches. My heart sank. I was revealed to almost everyone. However, I knew that I would start fresh in my freshman year. I still showed it with my emotions. Collin put his hand on my shoulder. "Think of it as coming out of your shell, kid." He said. "Thanks." I said. "But-" "but what?" He asked. "Do you see anyone judging you? They now know why you have so much anxiety." My face turned red. "You knew?" I asked. "I'm not stupid , Wolfie." He said. "What do you think you're gonna do since you have released the beast inside?" "I don't know." I said.