Chapter 4 - origins

Kelli's POV
___________

I was on my knees again. I was getting headaches. That is a side effect of the transformation. "What time is it?" I asked. "Eight thirty." Rachel said. I shot her a 'what are we going to do?' look. She was like, 'I don't know' and we kept just going with the flow.

But those headaches were a killer. I couldn't control it. I accidentally let out a whimper. I quickly covered my mouth. Rachel looked at me like 'are you kidding me' and I shot her the death stare. I stood up.

Collin walked over to me. "Are you okay?" He asked. I nodded. "Yeah." I said. "Wait." He said. "You're teeth, when you talk. They were different than before." I started to grit my teeth. "I'm okay." I said. I didn't want to hurt him. Not Collin. Not my crush.

I took a deep breath and walked over to Rachel. "What do I do?" I whispered. "It's almost 9." "I think you have no choice but to break it to him." She whispered. "I'm scared." I said. "Don't be." She said. "You got this. You have more ability to hide rather than expressing yourself when it comes to wolfie."

I didn't want to break it to him that I like him though. He came back to the school and I just want to leave where we left off. Now, all this has happened and it has been a little much in the past few years. I guess I could.

"Why?" I asked. "It's just the three of us." Rachel said. "It's not like his friends will tease you." "That's exactly what I'm afraid of." I said. "I for once agree with Rachel." Collin said. "It's okay, Kelli. You'll be okay."

I sighed. "Okay." I said. "I guess so. Here goes nothing." I walked up to Collin. "I know this is extremely early." I said. "I feel I need to show you something." "Oh god." Collin said. "Don't worry." I said. "It's not like that." "Okay good." He said.

Collin's POV
____________

She unzipped her hoodie. She still had her uniform on. She took off her shades. I saw her yellow eyes. I gasped. "It's like what a saw outside." I said. Tears were streaming down
her face. She took off her hoodie but left on the hood.

"Do you know why I keep this on all night?" She asked. I shook my head. "Why?" I asked. "Because." She said. "I don't want anyone to see me like this." She took the hood off her head and the first thing, well things, I saw besides her auburn hair, were grey wolf ears.

She sat down on the bench. She put her face in her hands. "I could have told you sooner, but your friends always make fun of me." Kelli said. "They don't understand what it's like to be different." "I totally understand." I said.

"Can't you see?" She said. "I'm a monster. An animal." "Well, you always text me about your teams." I said. "Well, it's because we don't talk a lot." She said. "I just want to get back in the swing of things. Talking again."

I sat down beside her. "Don't be that way." I said. "I won't tell anyone." "You know my friends call me wolfie." She said. "I didn't see that coming." I said. "I'll just pretend nothing is unusual when my friends are around." "They'll get suspicious." She said. "Listen," I said, "you're not an animal. You're not a monster. Your ears are super cute by the way."

She blushed. I could tell she liked me. I just kept talking. "Since when were you like this?" I asked. "Ever since I was about five." She said. "And you didn't tell me when I was in kindergarten or elementary school with you?" I asked. "You left after maybe first or second grade." Kelli said. "Plus. people would think I'm stupid or something."

"Since when would I think it's stupid?" I asked. "What time is it anyways?" "Nine forty." Rachel said. "What!?" I screamed. Kelli looked at me. I was hesitant. "What are you hiding?" She asked. Oh god. I thought.