Chapter 12 - Calculations

Annabelle's POV
__________________

I walked back in to see the boys on the ground unconscious. "What did you do to them?" I screamed. "Chill out Annabelle." Kelli said. "They're not dead. They're just sleeping. They'll be awake in three hours. In the meantime, I will make sure you don't mess it up." "Are you sure?" I asked. "The last game is in a full moon. Would you want to lose your cool then?" "I wouldn't." She said. "I'm better than that. I've controlled my transformation longer than you would have." "Well, there are certain times you can't." I said. "Says the one who can't turn back into their human form once you've transformed." I was angry. "I'll tell you this, then." I hissed. "I'll make sure nothing goes well for you." "Yea, like that's gonna happen." Kelli said.

I pinned her to the folded up bleachers. "You listen well." I hissed. "People are going to be suspicious. I know what everyone is and they will all turn against you. So, if I have calculated things right, at the end of your championship game, the full moon will rise. And since you know you can't wear any jewelry during the game, you will lose your cool and you will transform in front of everyone you've ever known. Even your mother who thinks her family is all human. Everyone will turn against you. Even the coach after those two years of coaching you on this team. You will have a bad time." I let her go as her eyes turned yellow. "You don't fool me." Kelli growled. "I'll be prepared with other things. You won't even know what messed your plan up in the first place."

She picked up her softball bag and put on her tuning fork necklace. I overheard the brief talking between her and her mother. "Great job." Sherry said. "Wait, are you okay?" "I don't wanna talk about it." Kelli said quickly. "But thanks. I'm just tired, okay? Let's just go home so I can take a shower. I need to rest." "Alright then." Sherry said. "You have school tomorrow." I waited until they were out of the doors. I then followed them to the car, but Kelli sensed me and turned my way. She silently growled at me to let me know she will always be watching my every move. I then quickly transformed into my vampire form and ran home.

.....

Kelli's POV
__________

The next weeks went by. We won game after game. I didn't catch yet. Then, we had a home game against Avon. "Kelli, you're catching." Coach B said. "Alright." I said as I started to gear up. However, Gabby was also here. "Aren't you catching, Gabby?" I asked. She shook her head. "No" she said. "I'm not feeling too well, but I'm going to be playing first. You're catching for Lauren." "Awe, well, feel better." I said. "Thanks." She said, "Its up to you now, kid." I smiled as I put on my mask. Warming up Lauren was a breeze and soon the game started.

....time skip....

The game was a boring win of 9-0. Not even my wolf side came out. And it wasn't a full moon. I packed up and put my gear in my mother's car. Then, I joined a few teammates for the spring coffee house. I was performing two songs. Warriors by Imagine Dragons and State of Grace by Taylor Swift. Rachel also came by to watch. She actually startled me. "Hey, kid." She said. "Jeez, Rachel." I said. "Don't sneak up on me like that. I'm about to sing and thank god it's not a full moon tonight." "Kelli, why are you so concerned about that right now?" She asked. "Annabelle." I said. "She's been worse ever since softball started." "Oh, her and her stupid threats." She said. "No, she's not kidding this time." I said. "Make sure you're there for the championship game for some backup." "Alright." She said. "I will. Oh, you're up next." "And next is Kelli Silvers singing State of Grace by Taylor Swift." The announcer, Kory said. "Let's see what else she has for us." The crowd applauded.

I started strong. With a nice melody. I then went into the first verse which I started singing. I looked around as I played and sang. I kept on hearing Annabelle's voice in my mind, but I kept going. Rachel saw my face. She shot me a look of concern. Then, I started to end the song. I sang the last part of the song and ended. The crowd cheered. I smiled and sat down next to Rachel. She looked puzzled. "I thought you had fun." She said.

"It's not the same." I said. "I now know what I'm up against and I don't want to screw anything up." Then, Mr. Sapir walked up to me and sat down next to us. "I would like you in the next musical." He said. "We need better singers. We don't have them these days."

"I'll think about it." I said. "I might be transferring though." "Why is that?" He asked. "I'm just not happy here." I said. "All of you guys are amazing, but most of the girls in my grade really bother me. I just don't like talking about it." "It's alright." He said. "Just think about it." I nodded.

The coffee house ended and my mother came over to us. "Hey girls." She said. "Want me to drive you two home?" "It's okay." I said. "Rachel's mother is driving me home." "Wait, can Kelli spend the night over?" Rachel asked. "It's Friday." "Alright." She said. "Then I guess you guys are gonna get her clothes. Right?" "Yea." Rachel said. "We will do that." "Alright." My mother said. "I'll get in the car then. Bye girls."

"Bye." Rachel said as we walked to the entrance of the parking lot. It was dark out and it was a good time to run home. We both transformed and we ran home.