Chapter Three

Little Amazon. Okay, now she was annoyed. Was his goal to make her feel small? Displeased, she hastened to follow after him.

Just outside of his office, he placed his big, warm hand on the small of her back to guide her to God only knew where.

And there it was. Like a fire had been ignited in her stomach, that attraction came rushing back to her.

She caught him glancing down at her, smirking to himself. Like he knew what that touch would do to me. Was there something going on here that she didn't know about?

"Where are we going?"

Still walking, Ares answered, "Your questions are endless."

"I wouldn't have to ask so many if someone around here started answering them."

She knew her tongue was getting a little too loose—but so far she'd seen no signs of punishment. Unless that was what this was now. Maybe Ares was leading her to a torture chamber.

The smirk tugging at his plump, soft looking lips didn't falter.

"You're not very patient, are you?"

"I might've been more accommodating if I hadn't been asking for so long."

His hold on her back grew firmer, sending shivers racing up and down her spine.

"Kyra," He said her name softly, as if he were still tasting it. "Why haven't I heard about you before?"

She understood his meaning. Ares didn't have a particularly personal relationship with any of his creations—but if Kyra was such a troublemaker, then he should've heard about her before now. This shouldn't have been the first time he saw her.

Kyra shrugged. She knew Leda had been pulling strings, constantly getting her out of trouble— but Kyra would be damned before she threw the woman under the bus.

"Because Erika's only just gotten her way."

Ares smirked. "She doesn't like you much."

"How could you tell?" Maybe she ought to dial back on the sarcasm. Just until she figured out what was happening.

Ares slanted a glance down at her, still walking and towing her along. "Am I going to have a problem with you?"

Why was he being so patient with her? What does he know that I don't?

Kyra pursed her lips. "Maybe."

"Maybe?"

"Depends how satisfied I am with my answers."

"I see. Then we ought to get to them." He stopped in front of another closed door. "After you."

Swallowing thickly, Kyra reached out and opened it. She prepared for the worst. For whips and chains and hot polka.

Instead, she took her first step into an art gallery, the God hot on her heels. "I don't understand."

"Patience, little Amazon."

She glared at him, whipping herself away from his guiding hand. "Don't call me that."

The jab came as a reminder that Ares wasn't her friend. He wasn't someone she could speak down to. And he wouldn't let her get away with the same things that Leda did. This man was dangerous. This man was her creator.

"What else should I call you? You haven't hit your immortality yet."

"But I'm an adult."

"Yes, Kyra." His eyes, for the briefest of seconds, shot down to her ample chest and wide thighs. "I can see that."