Chapter Eleven

Kyra was sniffing around in his office. She's crossed the line. Her face was marked with guilt when he entered. She'd timed it thinking she wouldn't get caught. He was supposed to be meeting with the leaders right now. He'd called the meeting off owing to his feeling. A sense that he needed to be somewhere else.

My instinct paying off.

He'd caught this hellish little Amazon red handed.

Thank God he'd had the sense to move that other painting elsewhere. Kyra's questions were unbearable already. He didn't need to add to them.

He'd known she wouldn't listen to him. He knew she wouldn't push that painting from her mind. And so, Ares had taken precautions.

She'll never step foot in Romania. Ares would make damn sure the scene from that painting would never come true. If Kyra was set to be his wife, he wouldn't let her become that. He'd stop at nothing to stop her from destroying herself.

"Ares—" Her back shot straight, her eyes blown wide. She took a step back from his desk, failing to ram the drawer shut in time. "Just the man I was looking for."

"Did you think you'd find me in there?" He nodded to the drawer.

"You can never be too sure."

"You look shocked to see me here."

Does she know she's out of chances?

He'd warned her not to push any further. And yet here they were.

"In your own office? Don't be ridiculous."

"What are you up to little Amazon?"

He came closer, a predator circling his prey, edging her to the spot he wanted her.

His voice was darker than usual. He shrugged his blazer off, dumping it to the side.

Kyra swallowed thickly, mirroring his movements, doing everything in her power to stay out of his way.

She knows. She could sense the danger mounting.

"You moved the painting."

"So you went back after I told you not to."

"I—well, you have no way of proving that, do you?" Tempting my rage. His eye twitched. She was lucky he was keeping it so together. "You're mad at me."

"I'm not mad at you Kyra."

Her ass hit the front of his desk. Even then, Ares drew closer. She had no choice but to shuffle backwards. His hands found her thighs, locking them in place.

"You're not?"

"I'm fucking furious."

"Right." She nodded profusely. "That makes sense. Your feelings are completely valid. I'll leave you to yourself. You know, so you can work through them and do what you've got to do." She shot up, brushing his touch away. Ares watched her stumble off, jaw clenched, taking up the perch she'd evacuated.

She doesn't leave this room until I'm done with her.

Kyra had pushed too much. Too far.

Bend her over my lap.

Ares would teach her a lesson.

Heat her rearend.

She'd leave this room with his hand printed into her skin.

"The door's not..." She tugged on the brass handle, failing.

"Opening?"

She closed her eyes, squeezing them shut.