Under cover

~Juno~

Kabuto and I practiced medical ninjutsu again. This time how to mend broken bones.

He is something like a best friend, he is always by my side and gives me whatever I need, but I also think it's because he's instructed to. I grew fond of his presence but father directly forbid unprofessional relationships; I wasn't allowed to have feelings.

Kabuto left the room to get another test subject from the basement. I would practice healing on the people they keep underground. They came in all sorts of injuries, from their neck being broken to their limbs being severed. Kabuto came back then and plopped a man onto the operating table.

I wiped the sweat off my brow as I hovered my hands over the guy's bloody torso. Even with good chakra control, consistent use really drains out your system. This goes on for about an hour as the man's ribs were shattered in numerous pieces.

"Your healing time has been reduced by five minutes.  Very pathetic." Kabuto stood a few feet back, watching in the shadows. I could sense him pushing his glasses up his nose in a smart ass kind of way. I smirked as I glanced slightly his way.

"Yeah, but my killing time is even faster." 

Once our healing session was over, I headed to the kitchen for some water. There I saw my father waiting by the door. He beckoned me over with his finger, his face disturbed.

"Yes Sir?" I asked unsure on what's the matter. He can't have the need for another experiment, we just did one last week and he assured everything was stable.

"Go pack your things." He said simply. I bowed at his order but now I was curious. Was this a mission?

"Am I to attend Kabuto somewhere Sir?"

"No. The Akatsuki found out about project X." He hissed. I stared blankly into his eyes. Would all our preparations be for nothing?

Father left without saying another word. I rushed to my room to fit as many clothes as I can into my backpack.

Once everything was packed we regrouped by the underground passageway that leads outside, there I was told in detail what I was to do.

"Juno, you will now be part of the Akatsuki. You are to say you managed to escape.  You need to find out exactly what they plan on doing." I nodded as kabuto went on about what's about to happen. In the inside I was scared out my mind, what if I never get to see him and my father again?