Konan

Life in a prison cell isn't all bad. Naruto and Sakura visits me sometimes to keep me company. The Hokage wasn't keen on the idea at first, but then thought me interacting with people would help me become a better person. In a way it did.

I was reading 'Make out Paradise' when the ground started shaking. I paid it no attention as I flipped through pages. Next the cell bars started to vibrate violently. I stood up then sensing something strange. I heard a large crash nearby and people shouting.

"What's happening up there? I can't read over here." I shouted over the noise to the guard who watches over me. He turned my way twirling a kunai.

"Settle down. Long as you're behind those bars, you'll be all right."

Sighing, I sat back down picking up my book to the last page I read. A few minutes later something heavy crashed down on top of the guard stripping away the cell bars. I was free.

"Help...me...." The man whispered as blood gushed out his mouth, only his head and upper body was sticking out.

I stepped over the rubble and bent down in front of him. "Settle down. Long as you stay pinned down, you'll be alright." I smirked patting his head before climbing up the rocks to the outside world.

The sight was devastating. Debris littered the whole village, people of all ages lay scattered across the road dead. What and who caused all this destruction?

A figure soon stood behind me, landed a hand on my shoulder and transported us away to an unknown location. I turned and saw Konan. I gasped taking a step back.

"Why so uneasy? We've heard of your capture in the Leaf. Your role in the Akatsuki have not ended." She spoke firmly looking me straight in the eye. I nodded. "I know you are weaken, take this special pill to regain your strength." Konan handed me a brown muddy looking ball. I gulped it down and instantly could feel my power surging again.

"I didn't think you'll come back for me." I stated nervously.

"When a secret is told, a soul never goes." Konan recited as she handed me a new cloak. "You're one of our greatest additions."

"Now listen. We are here for the Nine Tails. Pein is already in pursuit so I need you to back him up." I bowed understanding my duty. Now that my father is no longer here, I have no choice but to continue under the Akatsuki. After all, they got me out of jail.

I put on my cloak and ran over to the battle ground looking for Pein. It was hard trying to sense out his chakra, but eventually I did.