As long as you are happy

Hua Cheng had always lamented the excessive brightness in heaven. As the ghost king ruling over the demon and mortal worlds, he found the exaggerated light particularly irksome in heaven.  Despite his distaste for the luminous surroundings, attending the coronation of a heavenly emperor was not merely a compromise for him. In Hua Cheng's eyes, it was an absolute duty to be present at every significant moment in Xie Lian's life, offering unwavering support. His only regret was not being able to assist in dressing Xie Lian for the ceremony, a task reserved for officials assigned by the god himself upon ascension. Therefore, the only thing Hua Cheng could do was to be present earlier than anyone else.

Standing at the most conspicuous place, apart from the rest, no heavenly official dared to be near the great ghost king. As Xie Lian stepped into the hall, it wasn't difficult for him to spot Hua Cheng who was standing at the foremost corner of the hall. Despite everyone's attention on Xie Lian, the two lovers locked eyes, seeing only each other in their eyes.

As Xie Lian entered, drums and gongs began to rhythmically welcome and honor him. Heavenly officials responsible for dance presented their performances, and those in charge of singing showcased their melodious tunes. Martial gods engaged in sword dances and battle performances. It was a spectacle deserving of witnessing.

Observing Xie Lian's smiles and praises for others' performances, Hua Cheng couldn't help but feel a twinge of jealousy. To remedy this, he decided to step into the fray himself, seizing control of the situation to capture Xie Lian's attention. Releasing a whirlpool of silver butterflies, numbering in the hundreds if not thousands, he garnered the focus of everyone in the hall, eliciting terror-filled exclamations. The power and terror these tiny creatures held within them left an indelible mark on the memory of those present no matter how man decades or centuries it passed.

For Xie Lian, however, this display was more heavenly than the heavens he had witnessed for eight centuries. It was one of the most gorgeous and breathtaking scenes he had ever beheld. The sight of these tiny butterflies evoked a sense of intimacy and calmness, akin to recognizing a familiar face among strangers. Lost in his thoughts, Xie Lian noticed a pitiful little butterfly smaller than the others flying towards him. Habitually, he stretched out his hand to support it. Instead of merely resting for a few seconds, it remained on his palm, and Xie Lian heard the familiar voice of Hua Cheng.

"Gege, do you like your present? Whose present is gege's most favorite?"

Despite himself, Xie Lian blushed at this coquettish question and whispered almost inaudibly, "San Lang, stop teasing me... yours is the best!"

Even with a hundred steps separating them, Hua Cheng could discern Xie Lian's reaction. With a playful chuckle, he responded, "As long as gege is happy, that's great!."

"Gege, today you look stunning as always. I don't feel like sharing this gorgeous view with others. What should I do?"

With these words, Hua Cheng could see a slight blush spreading across Xie Lian's whole face. Not only Hua Cheng, but Mu Qing and Feng Xing also noticed his blushing and asked him worriedly if he was okay.

What else could Xie Lian say?

"I think it's a bit hot today. Don't you think so?" He offered an innocent smile.

"All the environmental factors are controlled for the comfort of guests. How can it be hot?" Mu Qing questioned him back.

"Haha... is that so... maybe it's the armor... haha," he tried to laugh, attempting to dismiss his embarrassment. Having been friends with the former lord wind master, Xie Lian had picked up the habit of laughing when anxious and embarrassed. So, if Mu Qing and Feng Xing, being his closest friends, couldn't understand this, they would have wasted their years of friendship.

So, Mu Qing rolled his eyes with a knowing, sarcastic smile. "Yeah... yeah..."