Can't bear to eat steamed fish!

And the next day started as usual, like any other normal day. The only exception was that Xie Lian was a little excited to attend the banquet and give the present he personally prepared to his friend. So as the time approached, Mu Qing and Feng Xing came together to attend the banquet along with Xie Lian. The three of them arrived at the newly built wind master residence just about time.

When the three of them arrived, both General Pei and Ling Wei were already present to give face to the deceased lord water master. Ling Wei? Yes, after the establishment of the new heavenly court, none of the other officials were able to keep up with the demand. So the task of being the assistant to the heavenly emperor was almost like a punishment itself. Without any objection, Ling Wei's punishment was decided. Her punishment was to continue in her title without the privileges that existed before. And comparable to the crimes committed by other heavenly officials, her crime is forgivable because of the service she had done.

When Xie Lian arrived, Shi Qingxuan came with open arms to welcome him. Xie Lian survived his bear hug and gave him the present he had prepared with so much care. Seeing the old fan with upgraded spiritual powers, Shi Qingxuan's eyes became misty as if seeing an old friend after a long time. He thanked Xie Lian with teary eyes.

"Thank you, your majesty! This is my most favorite gift. I feel powerful even holding this fan in my hands. Thank you!"

Xie Lian waved his hand and said with a kind smile, "No need to thank me, Lord Wind Master. No one can wield this fan as good as you. This weapon deserves a great owner as its grace. So I think you are the most suitable candidate. Keep it dear to your heart and use it for good!"

It was at this moment that everyone present in the banquet hall realized that Xie Lian is not the old scrap-collecting god. He is the heavenly emperor who wields the greatest martial powers and holds the greatest armory in the possession. So no matter if they are martial or civil gods, all of them felt reverence and respect towards him from the bottom of their hearts. And with his speech, his compassion and concern over the people are also felt by them!

Seeing the serious atmosphere, Shi Qingxuan came forward to smooth things over. "Okay, okay...guys get ready to eat and drink to your hearts' content. We won't get up from our seats unless we are drunk!...serve!"

And with that, rows and rows of delicious foods and drinks started to arrive at the hall on the hands of beautiful maidens, and the table started to fill up. So Shi Qingxuan gave his warm welcome speech for the few people he holds close to his heart.

"Thank you, everyone, for being here for me. And thank you for not forgetting me even after I became a beggar with lame legs! Hahaha...and especially your majesty, thank you very much! So I would like to give this 1st toast as a thank you for you."

With that saying, Shi Qingxuan looked at the scrunched-up face of Xie Lian that is looking at the plate of steamed fish as if looking at an enemy. So he cleared his throat again and talked to him.

"Your majesty, let me toast you. Okay?"

With that, Xie Lian came back to his senses and picked up the cup of tea instead of wine.

"Lord Wind Master, let me toast you with 3 cups of tea instead of one cup of wine, okay?"

Shi Qingxuan replied. "Of course. I know your majesty is loyal to your principles....cheers!"

Everyone held their cups high and emptied their cups in one gulp. And then the banquet started with a cheerful atmosphere. Everyone was enjoying this heavenly feast to their hearts' content. But there was a person who was not in a very good mood. And that's...Xie Lian.

He was not a picky eater. Not to mention he still survived for 800 years with that terrible cooking skill of his. But this time he felt the aroma of the food is too overwhelming, and the steamed fish is still pungent. He tried to endure it for a long time but still failed. He covered his mouth with his hand and ran towards the door of the hall. Everyone was startled at this sudden turn of events and looked at his running figure dumbfounded. But still, Xie Lian was unable to run for long, and he started to retch his guts out while clenching the door!