Heavenly Bonds and Ghostly Shadows

It was a rare afternoon where both Xie Lian and Hua Cheng were sitting side by side, enjoying the afternoon breeze that calms one's mind and soul.

Why is it rare? Of course, it's because, after Xie Lian started his duties as the heavenly emperor, he didn't even get a chance to even breath because he has to adapt to the life of a leader and a god devoted by thousands of devotees. It was the complete opposite of his laid-back self, where he only had to fend for himself and just take care of his day-to-day necessities, by the way, help someone within his capabilities. So Xie Lian's business made him and Hua Cheng be separated for a long time, causing him to have random thoughts that are too impossible to happen.

Xie Lian was lying on Hua Cheng's embrace, enjoying the evening breeze. He is enjoying this hard-earned moment of peace and quiet on his lover's embrace to his heart's content and suddenly thought about the most dearest people to his life.

"San Lan, what do you think about Shi Qingxuan?"

Hua Cheng answered Xie Lian with a chuckle,
"What does gege want me to think about him? I only want to think about gege." After saying that, Hua Cheng nibbled Xie Lian's ear as a little punishment.
Xie Lian blushed and answered him. "You know that I'm asking a serious question right? Don't play around. I'm little entangled in this question for a long time."

After being reprimanded by Xie Lian, Hua Cheng behaved himself and pondered on the question seriously. "Actually, the fame and glory he enjoyed for hundreds of years is not something that belongs to him. Instead, because of him, another innocent and well-deserving person suffered that tragic fate. So I don't think that there is anything for gege to worry about him for. Of course, that won't cause gege to distance himself from his friends too."

Although Hua Cheng said that in that way, displeasure was written in bold font on his face. Seeing his face, Xie Lian knew that he is being jealous again. So he gently flicked his forehead and said,
"Shi Qingxuan indeed enjoyed the fame and glory that belonged to another person for a long time. But considering his efforts and depths of his cultivation, it would have been just a matter of time whether he ascends or not. And on the other hand, I think, during the time he was a heavenly official, he has tried his best for both his devotees and heavenly court. You also saw yourself how he stepped into a problem that no one was willing to offend General Pei. And he also helped me, a complete stranger because he knew I had no power. And changing and enjoying the fate of another person, that pot should not be carried by him since he was unaware of it. And even for that, he has suffered his punishment by being a beggar for years. He was a young man who was protected in the palm of his brother's hand since he was a child. So there won't be a punishment more severe than that for a pampered young man. Don't you think, San Lan?"

Hua Cheng became unhappy as Xie Lian argued with him because of a completely unrelated person. So he said with a displeased tone,
"Since gege has already made up his mind, why ask for my opinion? Anyway, I am not a person from your heaven place. So I don't know how you people from heaven think."

Seeing that Hua Cheng was triggered because of him mindlessly saing his own official problems, Xie Lian couldn't help but feel guilty. Xie Lian has also felt that after he took over his duties, he has neglected Hua Cheng, and Hua Cheng also distanced himself. And now he emphasizing the word 'heaven' again and again, Xie Lian knew that he has wronged his lover. So he apologized with a sincere heart.
"I am sorry, San Lan. In my heart, you are the most powerful. So when I do something, I feel that if you were to approve that, I have made the right decision. But Shi Qingxuan, he is a very important person for me too. If it were not for him, the mortal world would have been corrupted by the ghosts. I won't talk about him anymore. Do you feel hungry?"

Seeing that Xie Lian explained himself and wanted to change the topic, Hua Cheng also compromised. Although as a supreme ghost king, he doesn't feel hungry, he still said, "Yes. I'm starving, gege..."