Hua Cheng is too busy?

After the little incident at the heavenly emperor's residence, Xie Lian still participated for the lord wind master's ceremony as majestic as ever. Like the person who acted like a person with split personalities was not him. He is now smiling, talking and laughing with others while praising the performances of the performers.
But still the discomfort and the paleness is still visible for the people who sat closer to him. And his two friends are now obviously concerned about his well being after witnessing his behaviour at the residence too. So general Pei who became a very good friend of Xie Lian after the incident at mount Tonglu can't help but asking after observing their expressions,
"Your majesty, are you having any troubles. You don't seem to be in good health. Or.....are you too exhausted by the extreme love of the ghost king? Huh...? And he winked at him playfully hinting something that's very obvious.
And Xie Lian also suddenly remembered that he nor his lover has reached for each other for the past few weeks. He thought that its very unlikely of Hua Cheng. So he answered general Pei casually.
"You are thinking too much general Pei. I was clearly in the heaven helping lord wind master. Have you seen me leaving heaven in the past few weeks?"
After pondering over the answer general Pei realized that it is the case. So he became worried for real this time.
"Then I think you should rest more your majesty. How about leaving a little early and resting. You have given enough face for lord wind master."
With general Pei taking the initiative, Fen Xing and Mu Qing also encouraged Xie Lian to go and rest. And because of everyone's persuasion, Xie Lian compromised and decided to leave the great martial hall. But he did not depart for his residence. Instead he went to met up with his lover whom he missed for quiet a long time. He looked at everywhere possible in mortal world and went to the ghost world too. When he went there the ghost looked at each other's faces awkwardly and said that ghost king is busy with official businesses and refuse to meet up with everyone. But Xie Lian was confidant that Hua Cheng will allow him and again asked others to announce his presence.
A ghost scratched his head embarrassedly and answered Xie Lian,
"Lord city master said that Xie daozang is also forbidden from disturbing him"

This time Xie Lian has completely lost his ability to endure. He had being holding up his exhausted body for such a long time and after knowing that his lover is refusing to meet up with him he suddenly felt that the world was spinning and almost fainted. The ghost surrounding him helped him to sit down and asked whether he was okay. He answered them casually and after sitting down for a while, left to his heavenly residence again like a daughter who was wronged by his husband rushing to his parents' house.

After the departure of Xie Lian ghosts informed the incident to Hua Cheng. He listened to it and his heart still became listless. He felt very guilty. But after remembering why he got this decision he decided to keep his promise to himself and decided to keep distance from Xie Lian.
Yes. The god he revered for 800 years. The lover he chased sfter for 800 years. He decided to distance himself. It happed when he was wondering in the mortal world, he heard a mindless blabbering of a group of cultivaters. He heard them badmouthing Xie Lian saying that he is not suitable to be the heavenly emperor because he is associating with a ghost king. Hua Cheng became furious and flipped the table on the spot out of anger and taught them a good lesson. Xie Lian was the most respected and the loved person in is heart. So he can't tolerate anyone bad mouthing him or any reason. Even the problem was he himself. So he decided to be tough on himself and decided to keep the distance from Xie Lian.
But still the pain he suffered because of that is not comparable to anything he experienced in this life to discrbe from his pain he is feeling right now. Its like a sharp knife tearing his heart fom top to bottom several times in row. So he looked at the temple he especially built for Xue Lian that is filled with the hand written texts both of them copied togather and did the symolical gesture of sighing since he don't have a breath as a ghost. He slid along the huge closed door of the temple and looked at the huge temple that is filled with their memories that are filled with the love he has yearned for centuries.