Chapter 20

"Good morning Princess." Becky began opening the curtains in the Princess's room allowing light to filter through the big dark room. Freen tossed in her bed as Becky began stripping the covers. "The Queen requested your presence for breakfast with the Chen family."

Freen sat up abruptly as she registered her surroundings. She glanced over at Becky who was busy removing sheets from the large bed. "Good morning." Freen said with a soft smile, as she made her way off the bed allowing Becky to finish her job.

"Morning Princess." Becky said dryly, focusing on her task. Freen sensed Becky was acting different towards her and figured it was due to last night's events. She smiled nervously as she tried to change her mood.

"I had fun yesterday, we should do that again."
Becky continued to change the sheets as she ignored Freen's attempt at a conversation. "Umm... did you sleep well?" Becky nodded her head yes and gathered the dirty sheets as she prepared to leave the room.

"Wait..." Freen placed her hand on Becky's shoulder as she made her way towards the door. "Is something wrong?" Becky sighed unsure of what to say.

She wrestled in her mind wondering if she should tell Freen how she felt when she saw Billy holding her hand. But who was she to question the Princess. Besides she was just a servant in her palace and Billy was a Prince. She had no right to stand in their way.
What was she thinking? Things between her and Freen could never work. Freen deserved someone to her stature, someone her parents would approve of, someone she can have children with. Right?

"Everything is fine. You should get ready Princess, your mother is waiting."

"Call me Freen when we're alone."
Becky pondered this request and continued to walk out of the room before stopping at the door to say, "Mr. Billy is also waiting for you in the dining room. He mentioned he was looking forward to spending time with you before their departure. You shouldn't keep him waiting Princess." Becky walked out closing the door behind her.

Freen stood unsure of the events that had just transpired and wondered if she had messed up by becoming friends with Billy. She would have to try and talk to Becky alone once she took care of the Chen family. Freen hurried to get ready for the day before her mother sent Rosemary to come looking for her.

Stepping into the dining room, Freen was met by her parents and the Chen family already eating breakfast. Billy was sitting next to her mother and quickly stood up at her arrival. "Good morning Princess!" He half bowed and took her hand kissing the back of it.

Freen curtsied to greet everyone and said, "Good morning." She took a seat as Billy pulled out her chair for her. "Preparations have been made and we will be visiting Tehran next week. In the meantime we have set up a horse and carriage ride around the province before your departure." The king smiled contently as he cheered his cup with Romanan. They shared a hearty laugh and continued to dig in to the meal before them.

"I can't wait to see your land." Billy said to Freen with an excited expression. She smiled politely as she picked up her silverware. Billy quickly took some fruit from the plate nearby and began serving it onto Freen's plate. She looked at him surprised and smiled politely thanking him. "Eat plenty, the food is delicious." He took a forkful of egg into his mouth as he smiled charmingly at Freen.

Becky watched from the sideline as she looked away and nervously played with her fingers. She gritted her teeth at the feeling forming inside of her from watching them together, but she swolled the bitter feeling inside. After breakfast was over, the Chen family were escorted outside to begin the carriage ride.

Each carriage fit 4 people comfortably. The King and Queen rode in one carriage with Mr. and Mrs. Chen, while Freen rode with Billy. Freen figured he would sit across from her but as she took a seat, she found herself having to scoot over as he sat right next to her.