Chapter 3

•Jack's PoV•

I woke up where I fell asleep- in my bed. I decided to get up and take a shower, no matter how late it was. Wait, what time WAS it?

I glanced at my alarm clock (which I rarely use). 2:46 Ah, well I suppose on any normal day this is normal for me to be up this late.

I tried to get up, but my legs were complete jello. It felt like I had no muscle- and of course I find this out when I took three steps away from my bed, leading to me falling on my ass and whining like a child who was getting a shot.

"Agh, fuck it!" I whisper-yell. I really didn't want to wake up the people who lived around my apartment.

After a minute or two, I regained my strength and waddled over to my bathroom.

I looked into the mirror and saw something I really didn't expect. All I expected was bags under my tired eyes, but I saw much more than I bargained for. And- if I were bargaining- I want my money back!

I have a cut over a bruise on my forehead, what looked to be a forming black eye around my left eye, some scrapes with blood decorating my face, dried blood from a nose bleed, and much more.

W-was I... beaten?!?

"Yes, you idiot." Dark grumbled in my mind.

What the fuck? Why are you here ya bastard?

"I'm bored, ya bastard." Dark chuckled, copying my tone.

Well.... who can I tell about you guys?

"Mark and Cry. They're the only other two with people like us. Well, Mark only has one but he's worse than Anti and I combined. So, sucks to suck." he laughed again.

I roll my eyes and texted Mark.

Mark

Me: hey mark can I Skype you? I need to talk to you about something important ASAP

Mark: sure thing Jack you can call me right now I'm on Skype was we speak

Me: thanks

I sprinted to my computer with none of my might and logged onto Skype. I scrolled through my contacts list until my mouse landed onto Mark's contact. I clicked his contact and then clicked the button that read "video call".

The music started to play as I play with my thumbs. I haven't talked with Mark on Skype for a long time.

"Hey, Jack? What do you wanna talk about?" Mark said, startling me.

"Ah- oh, uh hey Mark." I plastered on a smile.

"Sorry if I scared ya there, I really didn't mean to." He said, smiling.

"No, no, it's ok. Umm, I wanted to talk to you because I-uh... I've gotten something new."

"And that is...?" Mark replied, waiting for a response.

"Umm, it's pretty much MY versions of uh, Darkiplier..."

It was silent.

"Oh, yeah. That. Um, so what did you want to say about it?" Mark's face was painted with wordiness.

"Umm, just advice, if that's what you can give me." I shrugged. "I'm not asking for very much."

"Ok, advice. So, my first thing of advice is just ignore the ranting in your head telling you to kill yourself." Mark suggested.

"KILL YOURSELF?!?" I yelled in a low tone. "They say that?"

Mark just nodded his head. "Yeah, basically they format hate. Just the kind of hate that irritates you the most. Although us, being professional YouTubers, don't mind hate very much. But you hate some of it. How many alter-egos do you have again?"

"T-two... That I know of. Hopefully I've met all of them already." I said, thinking hard about what Mark is saying.

"Ok, then you must hate two types of commenters/hate. You don't need to tell them to me, but just think about the two types you hate. Now, when you think of your alter-egos, you can see the hate connect with them." Mark paused for a second or two before going on. "But they're not quite the same. You deal with hate comments by ignoring them, and soon enough, it disappears. But, to bring them to justice, believe it or not, you have to figure out their real name. It's that because Cry was the first to get an alter-ego, and he doesn't really like it when people use his real name. And his alter-egos had the same problem, so do ours. We have to figure out their names by sheer guesses. No more than luck." Mark stopped and glanced at his clock.

"It's getting late..." I said, going over all the thing Mark said.

"Yeah. Well, I hope you use my advice to your advantage. I'm gonna go... I'll text you tomorrow." Mark smiled. (FUK TIME ZONES)

"Yeah, ok." I said as we both shared our goodbyes, Mark was gone. Leaving me alone with Dark and Anti.

I was too afraid to sleep. I was so tired though, I didn't really know what to do. I then realized I didn't take a shower. How nice of Mark to not insult how bad I look!

I walked to my bathroom, then looked in the mirror.

No more cuts.

No more black eye.

No more having to explain my condition to my fans.

"Filthy." Dark growled.

Filthy? What was-

"Filthy, useless worm." Dark growled again.

Umm, ignore him, Jack!

"Idiot, if you want to defeat us listen to Mark. He's your only chance to survive."

AGH! J-just let me take a shower!

"Fine, brat. After the shower, we're going to have fun..." Dark hinted.

A disgusted look spread upon my face.

"In a totally non-sexual way!" Dark corrected himself.

I jumped in the shower, trying to ignore the fact that they both are watching me at all times...