Chapter 4

•3rd person PoV•

Jack wasn't too sure about talking with Cry over Skype. Sure, they were friends and all, but Jack wasn't too close with him like Mark. He didn't know if he could be himself around Cry.

But nonetheless, Jack had an amazing self esteem. And he knew Cry watched his videos- and Jack watched Cry's. So why was he so nervous?

"Y'know what? Fuck it all! I'm calling that son a bitch." Jack said, sitting down at his computer after he got dressed.

The music for the Skype call started to ring. And it went on for about five minutes.

"Damn," Jack thought, "maybe he doesn't think that we're friend-" Jack was interrupted by Cry's hoarse voice.

"Shit Jack, why are you calling me so early?" Cry said, his voice raspier than usual.

"Oh, uh..." Jack said nervous. Jack's camera was the only one that was on, so it made it even more awkward.

"Sorry if I woke you up but-"

"No, no, dude it's fine, but..." Cry interrupted Jack. "but I was kinda busy."

"Doing what?" Jack said, titling his head in confusion.

"Damn, I was on a Skype call with my girlfriend in college. We started to have a debate to see if I should keep her in the Skype call, and she would've, but since she doesn't really know you.." Cry said, his voice trailing off.

Jack immediately felt bad. "Oh geez, I'm sorry man. I didn't know."

"Nah, it's cool. She was fine with it, as long as I called her back. But why did you call me in the first place?"

Jack took a deep breath. "I... Have an alter-ego..."

"Ooh, I see... Well, good luck, man." Cry said.

"What!!? No advice or anything?" Jack complained.

Cry laughed the usual laugh he does when he's drunk or tired and says, "I was just kidding, you know. But ok, if you want advice here's some." Cry said. It was quiet. Jack didn't want to say anything since cry had the limelight (THAT REFERENCE THO) and he didn't want to take it away from him.

"Be... more optimistic..." Cry said slowly, checking his words over as he said them.

"Optimistic? That's it? Being optimistic is gonna get me through this?" Jack said, surprised. What Cry was saying and what Mark said wasn't matching up.

"Nah, I'm not saying it's gonna end it," Cry said, "it's just gonna make it a hella lot easier."

"Oh, ok... But don't we have to figure out their names?" Jack asked. "Like their REAL names?"

"Yeah, yeah, totally. Your spot-on, dude. That's what Pewdie did."

"Really? Felix has one?"

"HAD one, but now he's ego-free. His was a girl, and it was the "Fist me daddy" comments. Her name turned out to be Felicity." Cry explained. "Their names are always gonna start with the letter your real name starts with."

"Their names are always gonna start with the letter your real name starts with" Jack thought over and over in his mind.

"Ok, thanks dude. And, by the way, how's it like living in Florida? Is it all sunshine and rainbows?" They both laughed at Jack's comment.

After the laughing dialed down, Cry said, "No, dude. I wish though, that'd be awesome to just go to the fuckin beach or that kinda shit, but it's always raining!"

"Ah, just like Ireland?" Jack asked.

"Practically."

"So, this is a random question but, what races are you? Yes, I'm that kind of weirdo who wants to know what kind of race you are."

"Oh, like.. I dunno- let me think..." Cry thought, and thought, and thought until he thought of his races.

"I'm like 50% Irish, 50% Italian. So like 50% leprechaun, 50% spaghetti." Cry laughed. (YOU GET THIS IF YOU FOLLOW AT LEAST ONE OF THEM ON TWITTER!)

Jack laughed with him. When they were done, Jack said, "Well thanks Cry, I really appreciate it. But... you should probably get back to your girlfriend."

"Eh, no problem Jack. Anything for a friend. After all, we ARE both in the same boat. And- hey, if you don't wanna Skype, just text me. My number is (941) 726-8263." (Probably not true but I'm pretty sure I got the area code right since I live in Florida too so BAM!)

Jack rapidly dialed Cry's number into his phone. "Thanks, bro." Jack said, mocking Pewds in a friendly madder.

"You welcome." Cry said in a warm voice. "Anyways, I'm gonna go. My girlfriend should be home tomorrow and she needs entertainment on the plane." (Ok, let's pretend the college is a fight away, ok? Ok.)

"Ok, bye!" The Skype call ended. Jack was alone. Again.