Chapter 5: The Ghost of Taft

A/N: Alright, i'm back with three more chapters. Sorry about the long wait, i was super busy but i'm back to writing for a while.

So i got a could of questions after the release of the first three chapters and thought i would clear a couple of things up.

First of all, the red dome that appears on enemies along with the numbers and lines that appear in your vision is NOT a part of the game! It is just a figment of your mind. You can measure a person's length and height with your eyes using mathematics and then discern their attack range using that information. Which takes the form of a red dome surrounding the enemy, stay out of the zone, and you will never be hit. It is just a product of the MC's genius.

Secondly, as for characters being OOC, i have done my best to make sure that most of the characters stay as true to their in game selves as possible, all the way down to their personalities, however, there is only one character that will be a little OOC, but that's it.

Anyway, if you guys have any further questions, feel free to ask them. The harem has all but been decided as well. 

Please Enjoy!!

Your vision was filled with a shroud of white and blue, a somewhat disorienting experience, though not unfamiliar after having been through it hundreds of times before.

To block out the light from the teleportation gate, you closed your eyes momentarily, but the persistent glow still seeped through your eyelids. After a few more seconds, the light subsided, replaced by the murmurs of players surrounding you.

Slowly blinking open your eyes, you found yourself in what resembled a castle town. Cobblestone roads stretched out in front of you, lined with various shops on both sides. The sounds of players stumbling out of taverns, aided by their even drunker friends, reached your ears.

The moon held its place in the artificial sky and shone down onto the streets, which only served to assist the many street lamps in illuminating the castle town.

You slowly shifted your gaze to the right, spotting Yoimiya with her back turned, mesmerized by the grand castle visible beyond the teleportation gate behind you.

Y/N: C'mon... we should ask around to find out more about this... Ghost of Taft woman.

She didn't respond immediately, clearly captivated by the castle, most likely envisioning it illuminated by fireworks.

A slow sigh escaped your lips, and you turned away.

Y/N: Very well, I'll go alone. Meet me at the inn on this floor. I shouldn't be long.

You started walking away, however, you didn't make it very far before she caught up to you, bumping your shoulder with hers.

Yoimiya: Hey, don't leave without me. I just got lost in thought.

Raising an eyebrow, you strolled together through the nocturnal streets of Taft, the castle town of Floor 11.

Y/N: Nothing wrong with getting lost in thought. This is a safe zone. Stare as much as you like; I can handle the investigation alone.

Yoimiya looked up at you.

Yoimiya: Nope, can't get rid of me that easily.

Tilting your head in confusion.

Y/N: I wouldn't ever try to get rid of you, I need you.

She blushed and smiled up at you.

Yoimiya: Aww, well, I need you too.