Chapter 14: Knights of the Blood Oath

A/N: Alright I'm back with another trio of chapters. I know it's taking a while for the MC to get out of Aincrad but don't worry I'm just trying to focus on character development for the moment so that we can straight shot right to the end. 

If my estimate is correct then in the next 5-6 chapters we should be out of SAO, although I'm wrong like 90% of the time so we'll see anyway, this arc and the last arc will be the longest in the story so...

Yeah, this is going to be a long story... :)

The atmosphere was thick with tension and suffocating in its intensity. Seated side by side on a plush leather couch in the heart of a large living room, the trio of women found themselves unable to draw a full breath under the piercing gaze of big blue eyes that seemed to shoot through their very souls.

Yelan hesitated, then cleared her throat in an effort to shatter the oppressive silence.

Yelan: Um, Ma'am, we—

Her words were abruptly cut off by a resounding clap that reverberated throughout the room, causing all three women to flinch and slowly direct their gazes upward toward your mother, whose calm smile carried an unsettling air.

Mizuki: Oh my... Yelan, sweetheart...

An icy chill swept over them as they stiffened, sweat cascading from their foreheads, as Mizuki widened her eyes and fixed her gaze upon them, her pupils shrinking to pins.

Mizuki: I don't recall granting you permission to speak yet... Do you remember me doing so?

Yelan, instead of speaking, simply shook her head, her throat tightening further with fear.

Mizuki: Excellent. I didn't think so... Now, I will ask you only once... What brings you here? You have my permission to answer.

It came as no surprise to the women present that your mother was a terrifying woman. Like a wolf disguised in sheep's clothing, she concealed her fangs, yet there was only one thing that could provoke her to reveal them—her only son.

Though Yelan, Arlecchino, and Signora harbored a deep fear of your mother, in that moment, there was something far more terrifying looming over them.

Yelan: Ma'am, we beg your forgiveness, but we need Luna.

Mizuki was momentarily caught off guard by their request. Initially assuming they were there to see you, but it seemed that she was mistaken.

She hummed for a moment.

Mizuki: And what, precisely, do you require Luna's assistance for?

Signora reached into her coat pocket and retrieved a small flash drive.

Signora: We need her help to analyze the data we have on Rinko Koujiro.

Mizuki: Isn't that your responsibility? Arata speaks highly of you, so I find it rather disappointing that you all seem to be falling short.

Signora gritted her teeth, clenching the flash drive in her hand tightly.

Arlecchino: We're capable of handling it ourselves, Ma'am. However...

Mizuki: However...

Arlecchino: We don't have time... It would take us over a year to locate her, at the very least. It's already been over four months. She hasn't called home, and hasn't shown up in any of Japan's major cities. It's like trying to catch smoke.

Arlecchino brought her hand to her face, her nails digging into her skin as rage surged through her. Her red crossed pupils shone dangerously.

Arlecchino: The thought of Y/N spending that much time in there... while that mother fucker walks free... makes me want to vomit.