Part three The tournament Chapter twenty-eight Choices

Luna and her companions landed in the underworld. In a tangle of limbs, the portal above them closed. The hellfire crystal rolled underneath the table. Matthew and Racheal freed themselves. Matt rang a bell, calling the charismatic Alice.
"You summoned me? Lord Drake?" her cheerful smile crumbled at the state of them.
"Yes, take Luna to the healing chambers please and prepare the bathhouse for myself and miss Dagon.
Racheal hadn't uttered a word. Since Shane's betrayal, still thinking about what happened, "I am against communal bathing." Racheal stated.
"Make sure they separated us. I wouldn't want a blade to my neck. Our guest needs time to herself." He advised.
Pouring a whiskey, Alice carefully picked up an unconscious Luna. Racheal placed her blade on the young Delmora's neck. Everyone froze. The tension running high. Blood rushed down her transparent neck, she gulped glaring. She pretended not to fear the mercenary.
"Racheal, Alice will help Luna release her." Matthew replied calmly,
"If anything happens to my best friend, someone's life is forfeit." Racheal snarled, her emotions on the razor edge.

"Please go with Alice, Racheal. She will escort you to your room and provide you with clean clothes. You can accompany Alice to the healing chambers if you wish," Matt offered.
She nodded. Following the perky Delmora, they headed into an unknown part of the castle through a tunnel. Alice unlocked the cobwebbed covered door, placing Luna inside the healing pool, in grey coloured water. Creedy spiders crawled up the cave walls. The chamber, filled with moisture, cramped but big enough for the two women to stand around. Bubbles rose from Luna's mouth, the roof opened up, the moonlight hit the pool with gleaming bright light.

"Miss Dagon, Luna will be alright, please follow me, "Racheal crossed her arms, but followed the Delmora. "Alice, thank you for helping us," Racheal said. They entered the lavish guest house, Alice gathered Racheal some clean clothes, Alice led her to the eastern part of the castle, opening a room, her curly red hair bounced, as she walked, pressing some buttons on a holographic screen,
She clasped her hands together. "Miss Dagon, I've adjusted the temperature of the bath. I'll leave you alone to your thoughts. Call out if you need anything." Alice browed, her hair freed up from the jets of steam.
Racheal entered the hot indigo water, submerging herself, her head riddled with confusion.
"Shane's betrayal stung, her cheat ached." Tears prickled in the corner of her eyes. She squeezed them shut, sobbing in the room's silence. She cried for a while. Before rubbing her face, cleaning herself off the dirt, and the sticky memories of recent events. The tournament of lore, Shane, will be there. We can settle this, finally. Racheal changed, retiring to the gust room. She brushed her hair in front of the vanity.
She settled down in the comfortable sheets, giving in to her exhaustion.

*****

Luna awoke, she stared up at the bright full moon submerged in crystal clear water. The wounds death inflicted healed. She rose out of the bubbling water, feeling strange as the usual spark within her body was gone.
Her hands couldn't generate the lightning or grab the current flowing through her blood. It was there, but lying dormant, no longer accessible, Shane stole her powers in an act of revenge. She wondered when they arrived in the underworld; it was late in the evening; She stepped out of the pool rejuvenated, but something was missing. Someone left a clean robe by the rock. She hoped Racheal was alright. Shane's actions scarred her the worst. Droplets of water slid down her back, making her shiver when exposed to the wind. She placed on the comforting robe; parts of her skin were tender and burned. Her clothes, her scythe and personal link had disappeared.

Luna searched the chamber. Finding nothing of her missing belongings, she placed her hands on her hips in frustration. Hearing the door open, the heavy door creaked, their boots crunched underneath the ash.
Matthew's emerald eyes gleamed in the darkness, "Glad your healed." He said,
"Thank you, Matt, but my powers are gone. Shane stole them," Luna snapped. she slammed her fist into the cave wall, her knuckles blistered, her usual strength had vanished.
"Chill, out Luna. I understand you're furious, but you're weakened right now."
"Nothing to working!"
"Clam down, or I'll put you in a cell. Matt warned.
"You wouldn't dare. Luna poked his chest, leaving the chamber. "Where are my things, Mathew?"
"Safe locked away. I have the only copy of the key. You need to rest and recover. Forget about the syndicate and death for now."
"Hand it over, Luna extended her hand,"
"I said no, you're in no condition to be fighting anyone, Luna." He crossed his arms. She glared, storming out,
"Do I need to place you in the cells, cause you attitude is annoying. We use them to deal with Delmora, who refuses to come to their senses."
"Try it, Lord Drake. See how you gain my corporation," Luna warned, her voice tinged with anger. As she spoke,
Matthew led her downstairs into the dungeons, placing her in an open cell and shutting the door. "Clam down and then we will talk."
As the flickering of burning torches illuminated the four walls of her cell. The acrid smell of smoke filled her nostrils, stinging her eyes. Luna sat on the bed and crossed her legs, entering a meditative state. The sound of scurrying rats filled the air, their tiny feet pattering across the damp stone floor. Spiders crawled up the walls, their webs glistening in the dim light. Water dripped from a leaky pipe somewhere above, creating a constant, rhythmic dripping sound. Chains clinked together, fastened to the sturdy wall. Despite the surrounding chaos, Luna remained calm, her mind focused on the task at hand.