Prince in the shadows

My body was in turmoil, my breaths shallow and labored

My body was in turmoil, my breaths shallow and labored. I knew I should leave, but the magnetic pull of her presence kept me rooted to the spot. There she was, Angel, aptly named for the way she moved with effortless grace, capable of ensnaring anyone with a mere glance.

Tonight, she wore a colour that had me ready to go home and have my walls painted the same shade that complimented her skin to bask in it.

In her.

Licking my lips, I shifted forward feeling my heart quicken its pace when she lifted her ass for the world to see.

It was a view I burned to memory for the long, cold shower waiting for me when I got back to my empty space.

"Well, I'll be damned," I tensed at the familiar voice and turned to see Neil's beaming face. Without asking he plopped into a seat tugging one of the dancer's onto his lap.

And to think less than three months ago he was celebrating his bachelor party two days before his wedding. I wasn't particularly eager to go for the party initially because I wasn't a fan of strip clubs.

But here I was drooling and hard as a rock.

Attending his wedding wasn't high on my list for a completely different reason, and it didn't come as a shock when, less than a month later, he confided in me about his marital troubles. Watching him move clumsily and witnessing his careless gesture of handing a stack of cash to the woman, a frown creased my brow.

"I'll admit you never struck me as the kind of guy to be in a place like this," he chuckled taking a sip of his scotch.

"Neither did I, but I was just leavin -"

"No need to be ashamed of wanting to indulge in your desires. After what you've been through you deserve to have some fun."

Shifting in my seat, the reminder of what took place felt like a bucket of ice, cold water had been poured over my form causing my appendage to soften only to be replaced by a dull ache. Clearing my throat, I reached up to rub the back of my neck, "How's married life treating you?"

"As you can see," he paused stretching his arms to gesture to our environment, "I'm more content here than my so-called home. Besides when I really think about it, I'm not happy about that arrangement especially when there's still so many sexy women to explore, and speaking of sexy women," he mumbled nodding his head in the direction of the stage whilst smiling like a cheshire cat, "that's the same dancer you couldn't get your eyes off of from my bachelor party."

Flushing I knew my cheeks had tinted pink, he laughed going so far as to throw his head back.

I felt like a teenager being exposed on some crush.

He tapped the woman on his lap, offering a flimsy excuse as he left, granting me a moment to compose myself and quiet the storm within my heart. As her performance drew to a close, I struggled to suppress my disappointment when she gracefully exited the stage. The sway of her hips as she walked exuded a tantalizing sensuality, leaving me with an undeniable craving as my mouth watered in anticipation.