Signed

I don't know

I don't know...

Those words had left me feeling uneasy. It had only been almost a week since our last conversation, and I couldn't shake the embarrassment of my proposition.

I should have found another way to get the money for my mother's procedure. Instead, I had almost considered taking advantage of someone's desire for me. That wasn't who I was. I had always prided myself on being independent, finding my own solutions even when resources were scarce. But I couldn't deny the relief I felt knowing my car expenses were taken care of.

Having someone do something for me, especially without me asking, was a strange feeling. And as I drove through the quiet streets late at night, I knew this wasn't how I had planned my evening. But an unexpected phone call had changed everything.

Everything in me told me to find another solution, but despite my recent actions, I wasn't heartless. As I parked by the curb and saw the figure hunched over, part of me felt guilty for my opportunistic behaviour.

Stepping out into the cold air, I made my way briskly across the street. The music blaring from the club and the people stumbling out gave me a clue as to what was happening inside. I had always avoided places like this, but here I was.

Stopping just inches from the figure at the curb, I hesitated before reaching out to shake him lightly. He looked up at me, cheeks flushed, and his green eyes glossy from alcohol.

"Even without trying, you look so good," he chuckled, wiping his mouth.

Frowning, I grabbed his hand and tugged him to stand. "Let's get you out of here," I said, determined. It wasn't easy moving him, but eventually, he stood, draping his arm over my shoulder.

As we made our way to my car, I grimaced at the smell of alcohol on his breath. I had been surprised when he called, thinking my actions had pushed him away. Despite my hesitation, I couldn't leave him in that state.

Guiding him into the backseat, I couldn't help but feel a bit ridiculous. But as I locked the doors, I knew I had made the right decision.

Once he sat I felt an arm settle around my waist, pulling me towards him making me yelp, "Fuck, I love that fragrance on you," he groaned placing his nose in the crook of my neck. Gasping at the contact and feel of his breath on such a sensitive spot I clenched my teeth to stop the soft moan from exposing the effect of his action.

Although in that moment I didn't want to, I moved my head away and pushed him back, "Okay we need to get you out of here and sobered up, Cameron," I muttered removing his arm, he groaned again.

"I reallllyy like it when you say my name, say my name," he began singing the last part and I shook my head whilst chuckling at the fact he began singing some of the lyrics to an old Destiny's child song.

Closing the door behind me, I briefly glanced in the rearview mirror at the man singing lightly behind me without a care in the world and mumbled to myself in amusement, "I swear the Den should give me a raise for dealing with their clientele like this."