A Little Show

Stepping out into the crisp night air, a sense of optimism buoyed my spirits as I headed towards the club entrance

Stepping out into the crisp night air, a sense of optimism buoyed my spirits as I headed towards the club entrance. Despite the lingering questions from my mother throughout the week, I managed to evade them successfully. But I knew her well enough to anticipate her persistence.

Approaching the club, a small smile danced on my lips at the sight of the bustling line. Yet, it faltered when I spotted a familiar face among the crowd, laughter echoing around her. Without hesitation, I called out to the woman who had become a comforting presence in my life, despite the challenges.

Anita turned at the sound of her name, her eyes widening with delight as she spotted me. Clad in a stunning dark green dress that accentuated her figure, she drew admiring glances from those around us. Closing the gap between us, I placed my hand on her lower back, lingering there even after our hug ended, as I greeted her friends.

"Cameron, you remember my friend Brooke, and this is Melinda," Anita introduced, motioning towards her friends.

"Pleasure to meet you," I said, extending my hand towards Melinda, who returned the gesture with a small smile.

"I thought you weren't into the club scene," Anita remarked, nudging me playfully.

"Only here to support a place I partly own," I replied with a grin, a mischievous idea forming in my mind.

"Admit it, you have a secret party side," she teased, a sparkle in her eyes.

"Let's go. No need to wait in line; I can get us a table," I offered, before Anita could respond. Brooke eagerly agreed, dragging Melinda towards the entrance.

"You're unusually generous tonight," Anita observed, narrowing her eyes at me.

Wrapping my arm around her waist, I leaned close and whispered in her ear, "I'd be a fool to let you wander around in that dress freely."

"Feeling territorial, are we?" she teased back.

I shrugged nonchalantly, guiding her into the club. "Can you blame me?"

Leading them to a VIP section overlooking the main area, I ensured the table was stocked with drinks before excusing myself to greet Neil, who had joined us.

"If I knew you were bringing girls, I wouldn't have bothered," Neil joked, gesturing towards a nearby table.

"I decided to go with the two-for-one special," I quipped back, smiling at his playful banter.

"As tempting as that sounds, I'm sticking with Anita for now," I explained as I glanced back at our table.

"You invited your fling?" Neil raised an eyebrow.

"We bumped into each other outside," I replied, following his gaze to their table, where Brooke waved enthusiastically.

"That little thief!" Neil muttered, the frustration evident in his voice.

"You don't care remember," I lightly tapped his shoulder only for him to smack my hand away.

"But it's annoying she's moving around without a care despite what she did. Even at the Den she keeps dodging me, fuck It's infuriating," he released a frustrated sigh keeping his gaze locked on her.

Tilting my head to the side in disbelief, I had never seen him so worked up, "She's really gotten under your skin."

"Go to hell!" he snapped, storming back to his table.

Chuckling to myself, I returned to find Melinda and Brooke standing up. "We heading to the dancefloor, keep an eye on my girl," Brooke ordered poking my chest lightly. I briefly glanced to see Anita rolling her eyes observing us whilst taking a sip of her drink.

"Yes ma'am," I nodded taking a seat beside her. "They seem giddy."

"That's what taking three shots does," she giggled taking another sip drawing my attention to her lipstick covered lips touching the glass.

"You like whiskey."

She gave a curt nod placing the glass on the table, "I developed a taste for it especially whilst working at the club. It helps being a bit tipsy to loosen you up."

"So how many more drinks do you need for me to get a little show?" I joked only to see a sly grin emerging and she leaned in engulfing my senses with her signature perfume and placed her hand on my thigh giving it a small squeeze. But the action was enough to make me twitch especially when her breath fanned my ear.

"You want me to dance for you?"

Swallowing thickly at her sudden closeness, I released a shaky laugh and kept my eyes trained on the surface of the table to feel her body rumble with a chuckle.

"Getting shy, are we?" she teased, rising from her seat. I watched as she confidently strode away, her movements captivating my attention. With a playful wink, she turned, and I found myself unable to look away from her.

As she ascended the stairs to another section of the club, not far from our table, I followed her with my eyes. She moved with effortless grace, her hands exploring every curve of her body. The drinks on the table couldn't compare to the intoxication she stirred within me. Each sway of her hips and arch of her arms offered a tantalizing view of her figure.

I smiled as she glanced in my direction, but my expression hardened when I saw someone wrap their arms around her waist. Fuelled by jealousy, I rose from my seat and hurried over, pushing the intruder away. As Anita came within reach, I pulled her close, shooting a glare at the man who dared to touch her.

He started to protest, clearly annoyed by my intervention, but Anita intervened, guiding us away from him. Pressing her body against mine, she sought to distract me from the unwanted attention. Her eyes met mine, seeing the anger reflected in them, and she took my hand, leading us out of the crowded space and down the stairs to a balcony.

"Stop scowling," she instructed, lightly patting my cheek. I caught her hand, holding it against my cheek as I placed my other hand on her hip.

Her eyebrow arched in amusement, and I felt a pang of sheepishness. Leaning in, I rested my forehead against hers. "Brooke told me to keep an eye on you," I confessed.

"That's a terrible excuse," she remarked, a hint of laughter in her voice, "but it still doesn't justify where your hand is."

"If you saw yourself, you'd react this way too," it was a weak excuse, but it was part of the reason. Taking a discreet glance over her shoulder, a pair of brooding eyes belonging to the random guy from earlier were glued to us that gave me another reason to keep my hand splayed across her behind.

As I observed his unwavering gaze, I sensed her scrutinizing me intently. Without hesitation, I leaned in, capturing her lips in a fiery, passionate kiss. I felt her gasp against my lips, her mouth yielding to the probing of my tongue, tasting the remnants of the alcohol she had consumed earlier.

When we finally broke apart, I realized that we were no longer under anyone's watchful gaze. "Done with your little performance?" I teased, meeting her gaze. Her frown was evident, signalling her displeasure, but I couldn't resist pulling her closer, a smirk playing on my lips.

"I was planning on kissing you regardless," I confessed casually, shrugging off her disapproval. Stepping away from the railing, I took her hand in mine, leading her back to our table. In that moment, I made a silent vow that although we weren't officially together, no one else would lay a hand on her.