Mild Confessions

My fiery gaze softened as I watched him dissolve into laughter, his cheeks flushed with color as he covered his mouth. I bit the inside of my cheeks, trying to maintain a serious façade, but his laughter was infectious, and soon enough, a smile tugged at my lips.

Once his laughter subsided, I turned to face him on the couch, my expression serious. "I don't think what I said was that funny for you to laugh," I remarked.

"You've never watched Titanic; I couldn't help it," he explained, his grin still lingering.

"It's not a big deal, Cameron. Besides, I know enough of it to pass," I replied casually.

"What do you know then?" he challenged, his gaze fixed on me.

Leaning forward, I grabbed his arm and yanked on it dramatically, exclaiming, "JACK! JACK!" His laughter filled the room, and I threw myself onto his lap, continuing the theatrics. "JAAAACK! NOOOOO!"

"At least you know that scene," he remarked, smiling at me.

"Yep, and I do know she could have made space for him. She was being selfish," I teased.

"Agreed, but I don't think I can trust any future movie recommendations from you," he joked.

"Why not?" I pouted.

"You haven't watched Titanic, which is a classic. I wouldn't be surprised if you told me you've never watched Home Alone," he teased back.

Keeping quiet, I watched his eyes widen, then giggled, lightly smacking his stomach. "Calm down, I have. I'm not that bad. I loved binge-watching movies on weekends with my parents. And one of my favourite films that really got me into cooking more was Ratatouille."

Smiling fondly at the memory, I felt a surge of determination. "It's going to happen," I declared.

Craning my neck to look up at him, our eyes met. The sound of the TV faded as I focused on his features. There was a small beauty mark just above his right eyebrow, but it was his eyes that always captivated me. With each passing moment, my heart raced faster, and flutters danced in my stomach. Breaking the eye contact, I attempted to sit up, but he gently wrapped his arms around me, urging me to settle on his lap.

Straddling him, I could feel his warmth through the fabric of his pants as I played with the hair on the nape of his neck

"I'm glad you're here."

"Yeah?" I asked suddenly feeling shy when he nodded his head.

Leaning forward I placed my lips gently on his and melted at the warmth radiating off him. What was meant to be a simple kiss quickly turned into a heated moment that resulted in his fingers gently grazing my inner thigh. Disconnecting my lips briefly at the soft touch, he flipped us over, laying gentle kisses on the side of my neck.