Showdown

.

Lee felt fear creeping inside as he listened to the sound of Clement moving closely, Kenny anxiously pacing and Lilly even looking up with concern.

He suddenly gasps, making Lee's eyes widen and Kenny's face falls.

It was quiet for a moment before the door was clicked open, Clement stepping inside with a panicked gaze.

"Are you okay?!" Lee whispers as he approaches, Clement taking (Y/N)'s doll back. "Did anyone see you?"

"No," Clement looks back anxiously, "but there's a man outside."

Lee nods before looking to Lilly with sympathy, "Lilly, we need to go."

"Leave me alone."

"Lee!" Kenny whispers as he peeks back inside , "I can see him!"

"Lilly," Lee tries to urge, "it's not safe in here."

"For God's sake Lee, I didn't even get to say goodbye!" she snaps, glaring up at him before her head drops back down.

Lee sighs softly, Kenny calling him from the back room. "Get in here, I got an idea!"

Lee starts to walk out, turning to Clement. "Stay here. Take care of Lilly, okay? I'm going to find (Y/N)."

Clement nods, "okay."

He exits the meat locker, his eyes widening at the familiar sight of the back room filled with blood. Kenny was looking around horrified, shaking his head.

"I told you there was something up with this room... It's a Goddamn human slaughterhouse!"

Kenny and Lee crouch down low to stay hidden, Kenny keeping watch on Dan outside and Lee finding a Hay Hook as a weapon.

"So, what's the plan?" Lee whispers as he kneels next to Kenny.

"That dumbass is so caught up in his own rant that we could probably sneak right up on him," Kenny suggests, Dan sitting on a crate outside the barn with his rifle next to him. "Just stick behind me, in case anything goes down. When we get to the front, grab his gun."

Lee nods, "sounds good."

"Okay. You ready?"

Lee looks outside, "yeah. Let's go."

"Stay close," Kenny warns as he lightly pushes the door open, a storm outside pouring down.

Lee's gaze focuses on the rifle leaning against the side of Dan's hay bale seat as he creeps forward, Dan muttering to himself.

"Who wants some?! I dare some dead asshole to try to cross my fence tonight!" Dan shouts to no one, Lee and Kenny sharing a creeped out look. "... If daddy were here, everything would be fine. That's when things started to go to shit around here... Daddy had an order on things. You knew what you were supposed to be doing. Now it's all just whatever!"

"Dan!" Andy's voice calls, Lee and Kenny freezing in their tracks. "What are you doing outside the barn?" he questions as he walks over, entering their sight.

"Shit!" Kenny hisses, grabbing Lee's arm and pulling him into a stall and closing the door.

"Just guarding the place, like you said," Dan mumbles back.

Lee peeks out slowly, watching the two brothers.

"Well, quit sitting out in the rain like a damn weirdo," Andy huffs, "mama says we can't keep that many folks alive and not expect trouble. Pick one to keep and kill the rest."

Lee ducks back inside, looking to Kenny as he whispers, "they're talking about killing us!"

"No shit..."