Eye of the Storm

Two. More. Parts.

The finale, and 400 days.

I'm gonna CRYYYYY--

The next chapter it. Where we say goodbye. 😭😭

I'm so not ready haAAAA--

But fear not! It will not be the last of Clement and (Y/N)! Season Two is up next!

...

..

.

Lee closes his eyes tightly in heartache for his friends, reluctantly moving away from the fencing and climbing back up the ladder.

Christa looks down at the walkers with wide eyes, her hand held up to her mouth in horror as they tear away at the corpse. She runs back over to Lee as he climbs up.

"What-- What happened?!"

Lee remains silent for a few moments, Omid walking over from the other side of the roof.

"I... I couldn't do anything... Ben was really messed up. Kenny couldn't leave him," he lowly speaks, shaking his head. "It was just fucked."

(?) They will remember that

Lee grits his teeth, clenching his fist tightly. "God damn! God!"

Christa looks back down to the walkers. "I heard a few shots..."

Lee holds his hand over his eyes, trying to steady his emotions and breathing. "Kenny made sure that... Ben didn't feel any more pain than he had to."

Omid's face falls as he pales. "Wh--What?"

"It was Ben's... Biggest fear, you know? Kenny had three bullets, used one on a walker, and the other on the kid," Lee explains weakly, staring to the horizon. "God... Poor fucking kid..."

Christa looks at Lee's backside with sympathy, walking over and gently setting her hand on his shoulder. "You... Saw them die?"

Lee slowly shakes his head. "Nobody was getting out of there."

"I'm sorry, Lee..."

"He... He wasn't a bad guy. A lot of folks might not have always agreed. Maybe even me sometimes. But he was my friend. Better than any I had before any of this shit happened."

(?) They will remember that

Christa nods with sympathy, peering over at Omid's crestfallen expression.

"We... should go," she softly says after a moment.

Lee exhales shakily, nodding. "Right behind you."

...

..

They made their way carefully across a few more rooftops, a tense silence in the air as their shoes clattered softly on the buildings.

"... Do you want to talk?"

Lee sighs quietly, "Kenny was my best friend. He could be tough to like... But I agreed with him most of the time. So, we were assholes together, I guess."

"Look, Lee," Christa stops walking with Omid, Lee pausing as well and turning to her. "This is a shitty time, but I want to clear something up."

"What is it?"

"Now that... Kenny's gone, Omid and I have to stay safe. For them," she starts.

Lee nods in agreement. "You guys do. You two will be great for them. Please... Keep them safe."