Hair Cuts and Gun Lessons

OhHhhHh Ben

Young Ben. Was not cut out for the apocalypse.

Easy to say that because honestly I have no clue how I myself would react, but still man

He made a mistake, yes

But it costed so much

Don't get me wrong, I like his character. Ben is realistic, shows how most teenagers would be in the zombie apocalypse. His actions just had huge consequences.

Carley-- dead

Katjaa-- dead

Duck-- dead

Lilly-- gone

4 people lost because of what he did

...

..

.

The train flies down the rail tracks, Chuck standing at the front with his forearms resting on the rail.

Lee walked back to the boxcar, passing by Ben-- who had his head ducked down and his fingers pulling at his hair.

Lee hears a quiet sniffle as he enters the boxcar, Clement and (Y/N) sitting with their legs hanging off the train. (Y/N) was tightly hugging her doll as she softly cried, Clement's arm wrapped around her shoulders as he remained silent. Lee's face fell as he walked over, slowly sitting down on the other side of her.

"Wanna talk, sweet pea?" he gently asks, (Y/N) shaking her head and burying her face into her doll.

Lee looks to Clement, who was watching (Y/N) with concern and saddness. "You both... Understand what happened?"

He knew they did. They weren't stupid, but he wanted to be sure.

"Yes." Clement quietly replies.

"Okay," Lee nods.

(Y/N) sniffles loudly as she wipes away at her tears, Lee frowning as he reached out and lightly set his hand on her head.

"What are you thinking?"

"It's... What Chuck said," Clement responds for her, scowling-- though it was more sad than angry.

Lee's brow raises in question, "what did Chuck say?"

(Y/N) slowly raises her head, her face stained with tears and her eyes red. "He-- he said... What happened to Duck... Would happen to Clement. To me."

Lee's eyebrows raise in surprise before he scowls, his fist clenching on his lap. "The fuck he did!"

"Swear," Clement chastises, (Y/N) taking a few deep breaths to calm her breathing.

"Sorry," Lee lightly ruffles (Y/N)'s hair as he rises, fury within him. "I'm going to go talk some sense into him."

"Don't be mad..." (Y/N) tries to call after him, Lee already closing the boxcar door behind him.

Lee swiftly marches up to the front of the train, slamming open the door that lead to where Chuck was. "Hey!"

"How ya doin'?" Chuck cheerfully replies.

"Don't talk to my kids. You stay away from them," Lee firmly speaks, crossing his arms and glaring at Chuck.

"Excuse me, son?"

"You told them they were going to die?" Lee scoffs, shaking his head. "That they would end up like Duck? Why'd you go and do that?"