No Boats

Lee closes the door behind them as they enter the house, (Y/N) marveling at the interior. Christa helps Omid over to the couch, setting him down slowly as he hisses in pain and lets out a groan of discomfort.

"Sorry, sorry!" Christa quietly apologizes, taking his hand in hers.

"No," Omid tensely smiles back. "It's okay. I'm good. Feel... Better already just being off my feet. Thanks, babe."

Christa smiles at this, squeezing his hands before rising and joining Lee and Kenny with a scowl.

"So, when were you going to tell us about the radio?" she demands.

(Y/N) looks to Clement, who avoids her gaze by side-glancing a nearby window as he nervously bites his bottom lip.

"Tell you what?" Kenny's brow raises as he speaks defensively.

"That it's working! And there's someone else on the other end of that thing! You didn't think that might have been worth sharing with the rest of us?"

Kenny scoffs, looking to Lee.

Lee heavily sighs as he shakes his head, "I was going to tell you. Kenny and I only found out yesterday."

(?) Lee was honest with Christa

"So, both of you were keeping it from the rest of us. Great."

"Who gives a shit about the damn radio?!" Kenny cuts in, rolling his eyes. "I'm more worried about whoever it was out there ringing that bell and bringing the dead down on top of us! It's like they didn't want us to make it to the river."

Christa sets a hand on her waist, turning to Kenny. "What makes you think it's not the same person? Whoever was on the radio was close enough to see us in the street. And we didn't see anyone else other than that guy in the bell tower."

"Because that doesn't make a lick of damn sense! Why would they bring out the dead like that, and then try to warn us about it?"

"How much sense does anything make anymore?" Christa lets out a scoff. "In case you haven't noticed, there's a lot of twisted folks out there these days. At least the dead don't play games with you."

Lee looks down at the radio on his belt, his face hardened with concern. "Whoever it was, seems like they're following us. And I don't like being followed."

"All the more reason to get on a damn boat, where we can't be followed," Kenny agrees.

Christa firmly shakes her head. "I'm not going back out there anytime soon. Omid needs to rest!"

Lee glances over his shoulder to where Omid was resting, his gaze moving over to (Y/N) and Clement. Both looked exhausted, and frightened.

"I think we could all use a little time to rest up and gather our thoughts, Kenny." Lee speaks up, gesturing over to the kids with his head as Kenny grumbles with a reluctant nod. "At least until those walkers outside wander off and Omid's feeling better."

"Fine," Kenny replies in irritation. "But he'd best feel better quick. I ain't gonna wait around here too long."

Ben aimlessly wanders around the house, Omid adjusting on the couch with a quiet hiss of pain.

"Place seems secure at least," Ben quietly calls.

"I'll feel better when we know that for sure," Christa takes a glance around, setting a hand on her hip. "We need to check the whole house."

Kenny lets out a small sigh of defeat. "All right, fine. You and me'll take the upstairs," he addresses Ben, then turns to Lee. "Lee, you've got down here. Make sure you check every door, understand?"