The Life Lee Saved

Lee swiftly made his way back inside, the brown bag under his arm as he marched to Lilly's room.

She looks up as he enters, her brows furrowed. "Have you come up with anything?"

"I came up with this."

He drops the bag unceremoniously onto the bed, Lilly slowly taking it and opening it.

"Got a bunch of meds in it. It was in a grate on the outside wall, and there's a sign above it and on the other side," Lee informs, Lilly's eyes widening.

"Holy fuck."

"Yeah."

She shakes her head as she rises, "okay. We line everybody up. Everybody. Somebody is killing us. Stealing from that supply is the same as slipping into your room at night and cutting your throat while you sleep. You die. What is the difference?"

Lee sits down in the chair, knowing it had to be done but wondering how exactly to.

"What if Clement or (Y/N) get sick and we don't have what we..." Lilly trails off as her gaze flicks above Lee to the window, her eyes widening. "What the hell?!"

"You don't fucking steal from us!" a man yells outside.

"Who the fuck is that?!" Lee peeks slowly through the window. "They've got our people out there!"

"Y'all come out here! Now!"

Four men were forcing the group to their knees while aiming weapons at their heads, and more were most likely hiding in the forest.

"Lilly, what do we do?!"

"Shit!" she curses as she races to the rifle, sliding the window open. "They're gonna start kicking in doors any second!"

"What the hell are you--?!"

"Stall them!"

"What?"

She starts climbing out the window, looking back to Lee. "Just keep them talking! Do whatever it takes to stop him from pulling the triggers!"

"You made the biggest mistakes of your lives!"

Lilly disappears out the back window, Lee cursing under his breath as he swiftly heads outside.

"Enough of this bullshit! Drew! Start putting your boot to these doors!"

Lee cautiously walks around the RV with his hands up.

"Hold it, asshole!" the leader yells, aiming his gun at Lee.

"Take it easy," Lee implores, slowly walking close to the group. "Why are you doing this? Just leave us the fuck alone."

"Why?!" the leader laughs, Lilly peeking around the wall on the second floor of the motel. "This fucking guy! Why? Because we gotta, that's why!"

Lee shakes his head, anxiously looking at his group. "What will it take for you to let them go?"

"About twice as much as you've been giving us!"

"You got it! Done!" Lee quickly agrees.

The leader lowers his gun. "Is that so? Well... I suppose we oughta hash out some terms, then."

"I don't like no hash," one of his goons speaks.

"Shut up, or I'll--"

The leader was shot through the head by Lilly, one of the bandits screaming.

The group run for safety, Carley swiftly grabbing the leader's dropped gun and killing two of the bandits.

The gun clicks as she tries to kill the third, no more ammo in the weapon.