One Life [17]

Justin

Men don't cry. Crying is for the weak. A real man doesn't cry.

I lived with that moto my whole life.18 years of my life had passed by living that moto. I always told myself that whenever I felt weak. Even when my grandfather died three years ago I hadn't cried. I hadn't even shredded one tear over his death and he was like another father to me. I felt guilty for days after the night of his funeral. But real men don't cry. Crying was for the weak and I wasn't weak.

After watching and listening to ever word that uttered from destiny's mouth I didn't care about the moto. For the first time in years I felt a tear drop down my cheek. My heart felt sore. My knees felt weak, it was hard to stand. All of a sudden it felt like a was holding hundreds of pounds on back. My eyes started to blur and everything around me felt like it was slowing tearing apart.

Watching her in so much pain made the inside of my stomach flip. I was drowning in a pool guilt, surrounded by all my sins. Flashes of all the times I hurt Destiny flew through me. Every memory hitting me like a sharp knife. I couldn't even blame anyone for the wounds but myself.

All I wanted to do was take her pain away. She didn't deserve this. Any of this.

She'd cry a lot in front of me. I had always not thought about it or even cared to think of it. Her tears didn't mean anything to me.

But today watching her cry it sparked something in me. It had woke me. It made me see her differently. Think of her differently.

She was on of the strongest women I've know. She was kind, intelligent and a beautiful independent women and for the first time in the two years I saw the real her. The women I pushed away.

She was speaking in riddles.

"I tired to fight it but it won mom."
What was she fighting?

"I don't want to bring more stress to thier lives because of my sickness"

Sickness? She was sick? Did she have a flu. Was it a disease? How long had she been sick?

"I'll be reunited with you guys again."

Reunited with her dead parents. I was scared to say what I thought. Was Destiny dying. No she couldn't be. She just couldn't.

I had so many questions. How could I not have noticed. She was sick, my wife was sick. She needed someone to take care of her and all I ever did was use her, treat her like a slave. I couldn't even look at myself. How did I let this happen.

I rushed home speeding threw the streets. Running inside I opened Destiny's room. I knew it was wrong but I had to know what was wrong with her. I needed to know how serious her sickness was. I was scared. My hands shaking as a searched her closets.

I found a medicine bottle hidden under a bunch of socks in her sock closet. The medicine had been subscribed to her two month ago and the bottle was basically full. It looked like she barley even ate one. The doctors name and hostpital name was written on the tiny plastic bottle. I quickly dialed the number.

"Hello this is Tina, from Rexfred Hospital, how may I help you."

"Yes, um can I speck to Doctor Osborn
Its an emergency. My wife is sick and I need to talk to him about the tablets she's taking"