One life [11]

"I thought just maybe our marriage would work out. Just maybe."

<> <> <>

Destiny

Die. Die. Die.

Justin's words had not left my mind since yesterday.

I gulped down a pain killers, my head was throbbing I just wanted to go to sleep. It was the weekend, Sunday night. I was home alone as usual.

I went to court yesterday to speak with a family councilor, the councilor had gave me the divorce papers I asked for.

I stared at the sheet in front of me. This is what Justin wanted. I waited for him to return home so I could tell him about it. I'm sure he had already signed his papers. The contract for our marriage was almost over, there's was 39 day left. The contract stated that Justin and I were obligated to be married for five years and if the marriage did not work out both of us, we would sign the divorce papers and we would get a divorce, and if the marriage did work out then we would just continue our happy lives.

I signed the papers, staring at a sheets in front of me for a whole good ten minutes. I guess this was it. I heavily sighed. I thought, just maybe our marriage would work out. Just maybe.

Hours ticked by and I got tired of waiting, I guessed that Justin was not coming home tonight. I put the papers under my pillow and went to sleep.

I stared at the calendar, it was my last mouth, my last 30 days.

I decided that I should spend my last days with my loved ones. I wanted to go visit Pattie, Jaxon and Jazzy for the last time. It always made me happy to see them.

I walked down stairs surprised to see Justin in the kitchen.

"Good morning" I mumbled.

He looked up at me and ignored my presence just like always.

"I'm going to visit Pattie, I might stay there tonight." I told him even though I knew he didn't care.

He didn't reply, I sighed heavily and walked out the door.

"Destiny" Jaxon and Jasmine cheered as I walked inside Pattie's home.

I smiled bright at them.

"I missed you guys so much, why don't you ever come visit me?" I said kissing both of their rosy cheeks.

"We have school now, we are really busy." Jaxon said trying to sound like a business man.

I laughed at how cute he was.

"Ohh, too busy for me" I pouted.

"No, we love you Destiny." Jaxon kissed my cheek.

"I bought a present for the both of you" I said

Both of their eyes widened and they smiled, jumping up and down in excitement.

I bought out two chocolate bars; kitkat which was Jazzy favorite and Smarties which was Jaxons favorite.

"Your the bestest person ever" they both hugged me with their tiny arms.