29: Altercation.

"Have you gone mad?" Annia struggled to utter, as she tried to remove Rex's rough grip that wrapped around her neck

"Have you gone mad?" Annia struggled to utter, as she tried to remove Rex's rough grip that wrapped around her neck. "Unhand me, before I make you regret it!"

Rex's jaw clenched tightly as his claw dug against her tanned skin, and he felt the urge to rip Annia's jugular open.

"Why did you tell her?" he growled.

"What in the bloody Moon are you talking about?" she questioned, attempting to push the towering man away from her.

"You told her," his voice cracked, "about digressives." He frowned, and the simple thought of Maia being aware of what he had confined about to Annia before bothered him immensely.

"Don't even get me started!" she spited, "You went to see the Lucian!" The sound of the bustling crowd of people that were gathering close by in the Nest square intertwined with their voices that echoed in the forest air. "How was it?" she scoffed, "Did you like having your blood tainted?"

"You know nothing!" The veins on his neck tensed as Rex shouted.

"Did you magically forget what happened to us when I first came here?" she yelled back at him. "Or did you somehow forget what happened in Vespera?!?"

"And was it not him who saved us back then, Annia?" He hit his other fist against the wall he had her pinned against. "I know you hate Lucian. But I don't care one bit. Even if it means I have to let him feed on me a hundred times more," he confessed, digging his claws deeper into her collar bone, which caused a low cry to slip from her lips, her yellow cat eyes to squint together, "If it means she will be alright, I would do it again."

"You bloody prick!" she swore at him, "You seriously have lost your mind!"

She grabbed his wrist with both of her hands.

"You go to her right now!" he demanded. "I don't care what you tell her, but fix the idiotic things you said!"

"I have nothing to say," she retorted, "She at least deserved to know that truth!"

Undistinguishable whispers slipped her lips, and Rex's wrist twisted backwards making a loud cracking sound, causing the man to release her and to growl in pain as he stepped backward.

"I don't feel like fighting with you right now, the trip to Tierna we plan to make today is giving me enough headaches."

"Tierna?" he inquired, raising his head to look at her as he rubbed his wrist. "Whatever for?"

"The coming of marking age ceremonies, what else?"

"I thought we are still recovering...isn't it too soon?"

"Perhaps..." she nodded, gazing cautiously at his hand which turned red. "But Crassus said it is the best for the pack."

"As much as I would like to contradict him, this would help with all the things we have been lacking since the curse started."

"The problem is he insist on sending Kore and-" Annia paused, and bit her lower lip, pondering on the conversation she had with Crassus that very morning. She recalled how much he fretted on the matter, and how weirdly he behaved. "He insists on taking Kore and the woman with me."

"Maia?" Rex's eyes lit up, stepping closer to Annia.

She nodded, running her finger through her ebony curls, pulling out a leaf that tangled between them.

"You must take me with you!" he pleaded.

Maia was angry, and Annia didn't want to take her words back. 

So, Rex felt like he had no choice but to take matters in regards to her into his own hands, even if that meant to step foot back into the town that once had a price on his head.

(A/N: Thank you for tunning in to this chapter, even thought it has been posted 2 days later than the normal Friday update! University exams and work have been keeping me busier than usual.)