9|Ouseman?

KENEOUE MADIKIZELA

She walks further into the room and sees his brother looking at her.”What is going on,Siphosethu?”Thabo asks and she bites her lip.

“Do not cry mama.”Tammy wipes her tears away as she watches Jayden run to Ouseman and then hugs him.

“What are you doing here,Ouseman?”She asks as she ignores the glares of the Moloi guys including Kayden and her brother.”I thought you left for Senegal.”

“I came for my niece, Khayelihle.”Ouseman tells her and he gets up and walks to her.”I did not know you were with Moloi. Is he the jerk ass of a boyfriend?”

Keneoue looks at Kayden who is narrowing his eyes and she narrows her eyes.”One can only pray for better from now on…Thabo,what do you want after the scene from the club?”She looks at Thabo intensely.

“I asked him to direct me here.”Ouseman explains and sees Kayden clench his jawline. He kisses Jayden's forehead and then hands Jayden to him. Kayden looks at him and then at Keneoue.”You are a great deejay.”

“I learned from the best.”Kene looks at him and then at Kayden who is staring at them pissed off. She exhales and walks to him.”Can we talk in private?”

“More lies?”Kayden whispers and then looks at Thabo,Ouseman and his three cousins looking at them. He clears his throat and Kene looks at them.”Follow me.”

Kene follows Kayden and sees Khayelihle walking past them. Khayelihle gives her a smile and Kene smiles back.”MaZwane,can you please look after them for a minute.”MaZwane nods her head as she is stirring the pap.

They walk to the master bedroom,Kayden stands up and Keneoue does the same thing.”Please sit down.”

“Can I please stand up and explain my story and don't shout at me when you reply to me.”Kene warns him and he just nods her head.

“Guess I will sit down then.”Kayden replies and sits down on the loveseat chair that is facing the bed, bathroom and door. Keneoue takes her snuff out and takes a few puffs as she thinks about how she'll tell him the whole truth without him getting angry about her explicit life three years ago.

“Sooo,after I ran to Limpopo with Thabo,I stayed there for a while until I moved to Cape Town and I moved in with Ouseman. He promised to look after me and he was a loyal friend of Thabo. I was afraid of him but I gave him a chance since my soul was really yearning to connect with him after I separated from you. He made sure I was taken care of  in all departments. He became a best friend, brother,lover and my therapist. To be honest with you we became fuck buddies for three years until he married his wife.”

“Why didn't he marry you?”Kayden asks while rubbing his jawline and leg crossed over the other.”And when did you become a deejay?I know you were a sangoma and a nurse when you left me.”

“I told him I was still thinking about you and how you hurt me but also I felt like he was for someone else and not for me because my mind was still thinking about you.”Kene inhales the snuff again and she cleans her nose.”Ousemane taught me a few things and like I told you,he took great care of me so he decided to take me to school for deejaying.”She burps and then a grunting sound escapes her throat.“Are you okay?”Kayden shakes his head.

“What is it that he carries that makes him so dark?”Kayden looks at Kene and Kene shakes her head.”Gogo Khanyiswa.”He takes off his shoes remembering how he used to beg Kene to expose answers. He kneels down and claps his hands.

“Not now, Nkosinathi. Let time reveal things. And this is not the place for it.”

“Why?”

“Too many spirits.”Kene explains and puts her snuff down. Kayden comes closer to her and kisses her.”How is Khayelihle and Ouseman connected?”

“Her father is his uncle.”Kayden explains and she pulls his chin closer as he plants a kiss.”Can you explain to me what happened last night to me?”Kayden looks at her and she fakes coughs.

“Did you call Bab’ Buthelezi?”She wraps her arms around her neck and he nods his head.”Wait for him then.”

“Kayson told me that your snuff worked to get me back to normal.”He explains and Keneoue smiles remembering her lessons from Bab' Buthelezi on how to deal with the beasts.

“Bab’ Buthelezi helped me with that. And you l-”The door opens and it is Kayson with Tamryn.

”Glad to see that you are not busy with other things. Uhmm- Pa and Bab’ Buthelezi have arrived along with dad.”Kayson says and Kayden looks at Keneoue.”They want you too there, Keneoue.”

“Let me quickly change then.”Kene says with a softer voice and it shocks Kayden. Kayden kisses her lips and then walks out with his brother. Keneoue decides to take a quick shower and dresses in a maxi dress and white Nike sneakers,her wig tied into a messy bun as she puts her glasses back and wraps her cloth around her waist. She walks down the stairs and sees the men talking in the living room.

“Khanyiswa.”Bab’ Buthelezi answers, shocked,which quickly turns into a smile.”You came back.”

“Yebo baba. Thokoza.”Kene kneels down and claps her hands.”Sanibonani my elders.” She gets up and shakes Treyton and Pa's hands.

“Welcome back daughter in-law.”Treyton replies with a smile and Pa just looks at her while she sits on the floor and bows her head.

“Still humble I see.”Pa says and she nods her head.”Cannot wait to see my great grandson be part of the family.”

“Thokoza.”She claps her hands and lifts her head.”What happened last night should have not happened my elders,sorry about that.”

“Your brother was lucky,Khanyiswa.”Bab’ Buthelezi explains as Pa, Treyton,Anathi,Karabo, Kayson and Kayden listen to what they are being told.”Anovuyo!”He shouts and immediately Thabo enters the room since he was sitting on the patio.”You know how dangerous what you saw is?”

“It still hasn't registered. What was that?”

“Something you will see if you don't stop your nonsense of angering the Moloi men.”Bab’ Buthelezi explains and he burps feeling Khanyiswa's spirit bothering him.”Talk gogo Khanyiswa.”

“I had a dream two days ago after a horrible shooting… I saw blood on my hands and my claws dripping of that same blood.”Kene explains and the men look at each other.”My spirit is not right,like something bigger is coming.”

“That shooting was that wicked woman and her husband. You were right,they are out for blood but also you are also wanted back at home. I hear your father's prayers and your older sister’s prayers.”Bab’ Buthelezi explains and Keneoue burps again.

“We have to get to them before they get to us.”Anovuyo listens to what they are saying while he is seated on the floor with his brother.

“It will require the five of you to work together.”Bab’ Buthelezi explains and Kayden just looks at Thabo.“Nkosinathi?”

“Bab’ Buthelezi.”Kayden looks at him and then at Keneoue.

“This coming Friday, make sure that you do what is right,after KZN make sure to go to Soweto,make sure to pay those damages to the Madikizela family because they are waiting and Keneoue,fix things with your family.”

“Yebo Baba.”Kayden and Keneoue say in unison. Kene looks at Thabo and he nods his head at her. It was to tell her to let things happen and allow time to heal her from the troubles of her past.