Chapter Thirty-Four: A New Threat, A New Hope

warning: mentions of assault, daddy kento, and 7k words.

-

"Look a mall!" You exclaimed, pointing at a mall. It looked like those super-built malls. "And it has a movie theater, let's go in!" You hold his hand and start pulling him to the mall.

"Slow down, the mall isn't going anywhere," Sukuna said, amused by your excitement. His fingers then intertwine with yours as he now walks side by side with you. "But I'm impatient!" You huff, unable to contain your excitement. "We've been trapped in here how long? I miss going to the movie theaters!" You hoped the orb was at least nice enough to give you really good movies to watch.

"Do you even know which movie you want to see? Where in the theater it is? And if you want food or not to watch it with?" Sukuna asked with a smirk.

"No I will find out when we get there, and we will find it just look for big letters that say 'Movie Theater.' And of course, we'll have food! You can't enjoy the movies without popcorn, snacks, and smoothies. And the best part? We don't have to pay an arm and a leg for the snacks!"

"You pay limbs for food?" Sukuna asked with a raised brow, lifting your arm in confusion.

"Yes, every time I go to the movies I pay with my arm," You said, sarcastically. "I just grow my arm back after the payment is done."

"I'll kill them for even touching you," Sukuna growled with a dark look in his eyes, his grip tightening on your arm.

"I was just kidding!"

After a while, you two did find the movie theater and are now ransacking the snacks. Sukuna grabbed a bag of popcorn and casually stuffed some in his mouth. He chewed it with a bored expression, which quickly turned into disgust. "Ech, disgusting," he said as he spat out the popcorn. From behind the counter, your hand shoots up, holding some items as you excitedly yell, "I found the nachos and beef hotdogs!" Now you just gotta figure out how to cook them in these machines, shouldn't be too hard.

"But you already had hotdogs last night," Sukuna remarked casually.

"No, I didn't–....ew!" You exclaimed when you caught on to what he meant. Sukuna let out a snicker as he scrounged around for any better food. "So what movie do you want to see anyway?" Sukuna asked curiously. You look to see what movies are playing in the theaters and so far none catches your eye until you read Spiderman.