Chapter Fifty-Two: I Was Only Temporary

"You're more than welcome to stay here."

Your eyes shifted around the penthouse, hugging yourself as Sukuna kept a firm grip on your waist. In front of you both is Satoru who bought the penthouse in two seconds flat.

"We won't be here long," Sukuna grunted out, glaring at the sorcerer. Satoru doesn't take any offense to Sukuna's hostility. That was to be expected when the curse was trapped in a hellscape for months and not knowing who a friend or foe was. Gojo was a little hurt, okay a lot of hurt, when you avoided him entirely. Always pressing yourself against Sukuna or hiding behind him, avoiding eye contact. Things will never truly be the same between you and everyone else.

But he will never know until he earns your trust again.

Although the question is, how tough it will be because Sukuna trusts no one. He will probably do everything in his power to make sure you are as far away from Satoru as possible. Though right now he has no choice.

Gojo knows very well that Sukuna wants you to be in a comfortable place and not somewhere in the woods, or in a place that you would be scared of.

Satoru wanted to speak to you alone so he could talk to you, but with the way Sukuna's arm is wrapped around you securely, that's not happening any time soon. All three of you turn to the kitchen as Yuji loudly rummages through the fridge, desperately needing food and water. "My mouth feels like the desert!" Yuji cried out, quickly gulping some water. You move away from Sukuna to get some water as well, your feet dragging underneath you as you wordlessly drink some water.

"She going to be okay?" Satoru asked quietly to Sukuna.

"She will be fine so long as you keep your part of the deal, sorcerer," Sukuna said, glaring at Satoru. Gojo holds his hands up and nods with a smile. "Of course, I'll keep my part, anyways this place has been properly locked down so no one will feel your energy or whatever." Sukuna's scowl never left, his gaze only softening when his eyes are on you.

He can only explain that you look utterly exhausted and possibly feeling tired, and weaker because now your body has aged in some places. "You know I think I can help reverse the aging process in her body," Satoru offered.

"Don't bother Tenshi will help-"

Sukuna's words stop mid-sentence as he remembers Tenshi is no longer here. Yet it was so easy to forget it as he spent so much time with his twin. He honestly still expects Tenshi to pop up somewhere, giving his baby brother a big, kind smile. To give him some kind of gifts like clothes, food, or medicine. A heavy sigh escapes Sukuna's lips and he nods. "That would be much appreciated," he grumbles. He hated relying on Gojo Satoru of all people, but Sukuna was just tired. Just for a couple of days, he will let you rest with your old friends before he takes you away to his own home.