𝖢𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗈𝗇𝖾

𝐇𝐚𝐳𝐞𝐥

Hazel sat still, comfortable and still. She could feel the cold autumn breeze hit her face and the smell of cinnamon linger it's way out of the restaurant to greet the rest of blossom peak. She held a book she'd read 5 times yet she still managed to find interest in it. Her chipped nails skimmed over the printed letters as she tried to not become distracted. It failed. Her blue eyes looked up to see the bustling streets full of tourists and locals. Did she mind them? yes. Was she thankful for them? Also, yes. They paid her for a delicious pumpkin spiced latte or her famous hot chocolate to help bear the cold.

Cafe hope sat peacefully in the middle of the small town making it impossible to walk past without looking in. It was a success to say the least and was even rated a five stars review by many people. It wasn't easy to get up and going though, but with the right support and the money to do so, cafe hope became blossom peaks most famous cafe and that she was proud of.

The cold started to make the way into the little holes of hazels Cardigan making her shiver hard. She had decided to make her way inside to help herself stay warm and without frostbite.
Slowly she pushed the door alarming the bell to signal her return. The cafe itself conveyed autumn with its small touch of pumpkins and homely dark wood to help soothe the atmosphere. It used to be small yet after its massive turn around, the town voted for it to be expanded, so now the cafe resembled a restaurant. Hazel tried to maintain its cozy features and somehow succeeded making her smile every time she walked in.

It was never a dream to own a cafe yet, she was happy it was destined for her and she couldn't imagine a life any different. She slowly took steps towards the counter and smiled up at one of her employees, Darren.

Hazel and Darren met when she moved into blossom peak. She had just bought the cafe meaning it was nowhere near as furnished as it was now, in fact she can remember the echoes of even her footsteps walking in. Anyways, Darren always sat outside the cafe when he wasn't skateboarding. A bench opposite the cafe was where he sat, eating whatever sandwich his mom had made and smiling at whatever meme had popped up on his phone. He would always offer a hand to help carry in heavy furniture pieces or planks of wood that were needed for the floors. Darren did it for free every time and always made it seem fun. In the end he asked if he could have a part time job when the cafe started running which immediately tugged her lips with a smile. It was the first time she had felt like the cafe was hers and that it could actually work.

Darren looked at hazel and smiled. "What can I get you boss?" He asked with the usual smirk hanging from his face. He was only seventeen but was a hard working employee she was greatful to have. Hazel had eight employees in total which was plenty for the cafe. Over half of them were part time jobs and three of them worked full time. For example her assistant manager worked full time at the cafe when Hazel wasn't present. Her name is sara and she was a little older than Hazel is.

"I'll just have the usual please," she replied taking a seat on the orange bar stool. "How's school going?" She asked waiting for her drink to be served.

"Same as usual to be honest. I have managed to get on track more and focus but it's quite hard being the dumbest one there." He laughed. Hazel nudged up her glasses from the end of her nose.

"Don't say such things about yourself. I know you are capable of anything you set your mind toward. You aren't the dumbest there I can ensure you that and I'm happy that you have managed to crack the code of focussing." Darren smiled and slide her drink towards her. Hazel took in the familiar sent of her hazelnut latte.

"It means a lot haze." He finally got out. Hazel tilted her head before lifting up the hot goodness in the blue mug. Darren went back to serving the next smiley customer and Hazel went back to reading her book except this time, she wasn't distracted.